10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Another bug with this build discovered this morning - when the alarm went off, the screen stayed off, so had to wake up the phone before I could snooze the alarm. After the snooze period when the alarm went off again, same thing again, screen did not wake up!

Buggy, buggy, buggy this latest build is, when compared with the previous build.

Also, email notifications on the lock-screen and live-tile have stopped as well.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Another bug with this build discovered this morning - when the alarm went off, the screen stayed off, so had to wake up the phone before I could snooze the alarm. After the snooze period when the alarm went off again, same thing again, screen did not wake up!

Buggy, buggy, buggy this latest build is, when compared with the previous build.

Also, email notifications on the lock-screen and live-tile have stopped as well.

Do you have "double tap to wake" switched on?
Switch it off, and see if it helps.

On my 930, I had the same.

The 950's don't have this option yet do they? I guess it's related.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems be settling down, now. Yesterday, I got about 12 hours without having to charge, and that was with moderate browsing in EDGE, app usage (WhatsApp, Twitter) and over a total of 2 hours of phone calls. However, it is alarming that the phone (Lumia 1520) heats up around the top left hand corner, where the micro SD and SIM card reside, and spreading towards the camera. Fortunately, the heat is not around the battery area (which is towards the bottom centre half of the phone) otherwise there could surely be some damage to the battery.

The heat begins to occur when using EDGE or when the screen is on, which would lead me to suspect that the display driver is causing the phone to consume power.

Heat around your MicroSD area might be due to a malfunctioning or high usage of card or near to sim slot might be due to high data usage or calls.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok. My BT audio is weak. I hear the EU version had audio levels crippled. I think I may have that version, even though I am in the US. I noticed that Equalizer is spelled with an S instead of a Z.

Brett Sanderson

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone wont charge anymore after this update, i just get "USB Device Not Recognized". I tried uninstalling / searching for driver updates, not working. Anyone know how to fix this?

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
On the „Phone Update“ page, I have the .29 update from the Insider Slow Ring, which I would not want to install (830). How can I get rid of it to receive the .63 withre the "normal" way or eventually through Insider Fast Ring? Currently, I cannot get the Fast Ring .63 since the not installed .29 is blocking it. Thanks for a tip.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
On the ?Phone Update? page, I have the .29 update from the Insider Slow Ring, which I would not want to install (830). How can I get rid of it to receive the .63 withre the "normal" way or eventually through Insider Fast Ring? Currently, I cannot get the Fast Ring .63 since the not installed .29 is blocking it. Thanks for a tip.

You'll have to install .29 anyways since currently all phones upgrading from 8.1 have to install it. 10586.63 is the second update.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issue on my 1520 but not on my 830 and 640. Hard reset fixed it.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 1520 but not on my 830 and 640. Hard reset fixed it.

Have since done a hard reset, and so far it seems better, though it's been less than 24hrs, but at least the screen woke up when the alarm went off this morning. I thought that since the last build, a hard rest was no longer necessary, that is obviously not the case!

Spindlebox

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm, don't know. Only my music and pictures are stored on the SD card and I don't normally use these, unless of course, the phone is continuously checking the card. Either way, I wish it would stop!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, it would seem that a hard reset is necessary on the latest build, whereas going from build to build on the previous update didn't require this... The last update just installed and everything continued working properly, but the with the current one I had several issues, which now seem to be resolved since doing a hard reset and restoring from backup.

They just need to sort out the keyboard now, it is very annoying when it pops up when not expected and then doesn't always have the the swipe-down option available to get rid of it, meaning you have to tap on the screen above the keyboard and in doing so sometimes inadvertently tap something by mistake in the small part of the screen available that isn't taken up by the keyboard. This is my number one gripe currently - it happens often enough to really drive me nuts! C'mon MS, this is basic stuff!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Main issues for me that remain partially unresolved

1. Battery drain is still 1.8-2.5 times higher than WP8.1 cyan
  2. Word flow is still not as good as in WP8.1
  3. Photos app is still slightly buggy. One bug I noticed is when scrolling photos one by one, you can only scroll 100 before scrolling stops, You then have to exit, find the photo that you left and start again from there
  4. Apps that I can't remove: xbox, podcats, weather. I don't need them

Lumia 1020
Kenya

Anyone on instagram? Follow me on chintan_p_gohel

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs