10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
The new build, 10586.63, began trickling out to some with Windows Phones at the end of the day (ET) on January 8.i am downloading it now.

Belushi Schweeft

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for anyone else, but this is the first update I've done on my 950XL that's run properly without me having to remove my memory card first.

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Error (0x80188306) - Still stuck on .29 on 950 XL Single Sim. Cant update to .36 OR .63 - Very annoying. I am really considering get rid of this phone.

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I think the problem is that it is trying to do both the Insider Fast configuration update AND the new .63 update at the same time.

Only if there is a way to do the insider update first, then go back and do the .63 update afterwards...

wp_ss_20160108_0001.jpg

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
If it is stuck at 0% for atleast 30mins, I would suggest a soft reset as the first step.

Its not stuck at 0. It would finish the download. then will get that error message after the preparing to install updates. I even tried resetting back to factory image with device recovery and still the same problems

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Its not stuck at 0. It would finish the download. then will get that error message after the preparing to install updates. I even tried resetting back to factory image with device recovery and still the same problems

Error (0x80188306) means low storage issue. That is the reason I requested you to hard reset the device. However, also check if you have set Storage options to save downloads to SD card. If yes, change it to phone internal memory.

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Error (0x80188306) means low storage issue. That is the reason I requested you to hard reset the device. However, also check if you have set Storage options to save downloads to SD card. If yes, change it to phone internal memory.

We need to build upon this thought. I removed my SD card, hard reset and tried the Windows Insider update process with equally no luck. Low storage is not the issue despite the message. When I flash the factory image, I am able to update via OTA with no problems (Windows Insider not installed). It was making the leap from .29 to .36 that simply won't work.

There is something about this build and the firmware version that my fellow update-wannabes and I can't overcome. I recall reading something somewhere about the OTA download going to a specific partition in storage. Download is fine. Preparing for installation is where it fails on low-storage.

This reminds me of trying to install a hard drive partition on my computer and having one of the partitions overlap causing damage only repairable via a restore.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
my installation process took about an hour. went very smooth. cannot tell much differences compare to the previous version of .36. overall, no problem found so far beside the store app update err for the Gesture and Touch. after opening few apps, then i checked the feedback report. there are 4 diagnostic to be uploaded. will give it a few more days to try. ...
640xl LTE dualsim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb