has anyone else noticed improved battery life in build 10586.63???

AdriOneP

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The strange thing for my Lumia 640 is that it battery stats state that the screen used 60% of battery, However, the screen was off all day, except for checking a couple of texts. Glance screen is set to 30 sec. timeout. Does the screen consume power even in standby?

Double tap to wake feature use batery even if the screen is off. Disable it to see id there is any change

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the worst battery life out of a L1320 I ever had. Already had these problems with other builds, sure, but never on this level.
In normal usage, the L1320 last for 36 hours or more. Now I'm lucky if it survive my work time until I get home at night. Had to go to other city on monday, and the 83% battery survived for 25 minutes on Waze.

Felt like I was back in the 80's, had to stop to ask for directions.

Waze is notorious for being a battery hog. Read the reviews and since google owns it, they will NEVER fix/update it. You cannot use the waze to gauge battery performance.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Waze is notorious for being a battery hog. Read the reviews and since google owns it, they will NEVER fix/update it. You cannot use the waze to gauge battery performance.
Wave on android sucks the battery extremely quickly as well, even the most up to date version if the app, awful app.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This build coupled with the recent firmware upgrade on the 950 XL has me getting 2 days of battery life on light-med use. This is the same battery i got on the 1520 while on 8.0. My discharge rate is also now down to 2.5% which matches my 1520 on 8.0

dieguen

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Greatly improved on Lumia 1020. I now have the same battery life as 8.1.
The only problem i have is with Skype Video wich not only does not recognize the camera, but it also hangs it. So if i open Skype Video i have to reboot the phone to make the camera work again.-

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
920, same issue here. It's unbelievably bad.

6:10am 100%
7:43am 82% (no activity except one 8 minute phonecall)
8:22am 69% (no activity)
8:32am 63% (read one email, maybe 30 seconds to complete)
9:23 48% (no activity)

I tried plugging it in via the USB port on my work PC, but charging via that doesn't even allow it to keep up, needs to be wall charger giving full juice to gain.

I think I will try hard resetting tonight but still a pain.

EDIT:

Looks like Readdit is using 33% for some reason? I disabled it and will see if there is an improvement.

Last edited:

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I can't even get this update to show up for me with insider on my US spec 950 XL running .36 with the latest firmware. Am I the only one???

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
When not using, battery can last little over a day, when using..well sometimes two charges a day.

EDIT: found that ,,what's app" usually usr about 30% and sometimes 70...

Last edited:

TheGerg

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a huge difference on my Lumia 950 with this update. It has given me anywhere from 5 to 6 hours more battery life If I'm using it. It was giving me 7 to 8 hours of battery life with a giant 12 to 13 percent per hour discharge speed and now I get 14 to 15 hours and 6 to 7 per hour discharge speed. It's a great improvement.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
The new start screen set-up is a battery hog it looks like. Hope in the next update MS is able to help optimize that. What we have to know that since Nokia isn't in charge of the Lumias anymore, the firmware updates to pair up with the OS updates so far isn't there yet if ever for the older models. So far only the 950/XL have received firmware updates and that's because those are MS branded. Like I said I'm hoping we see some form of update to help the majority with older models like the 920/1520/1020/830/925/930/520 even receive an optimization to help these models run the wp10 OS more smoothly.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Don't understand why MS in their endeavors not use the lesser/lower end hardware to test out these updates/upgrades to the OS for mobile. Simple logic is if they blaze on the older models how much better would newer hardware react to give a wider acceptance of WP.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In my case, I had the worst possible experience with the last build.
Previous build, battery would last me 8 hours.. 10 y I used the phone lightly (that's a lot of hours for me)

With this build, my phone barely lasted 6 hours... yesterday, I arrived home and decided to leave it on airplane mode at 22%, today, the phone won't even boot up. Battery is drained and seems that is not able to charge... sighs.

No carriers here have windows phones and I don't have the money to get an unlocked one. I guess I'll have to go the android route because iphones are just too damn expensive. F**k, I'll miss my phone's camera.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Seriously!! How can I truly complain with a phone released in 2013 designed to run WP8?? Since then it's been WP8.1,GDR1,GDR2 and now WP10 that hasn't been released for full public usage yet. When Apple releases an OS update/upgrade it's done with a set parameter of hardware in mind that would run the OS optimally. MS does it saying to maintain it's customer base so as not to leave out anyone, but in doing so you open these same consumers to dissatisfaction with their older devices whereas other rivals ensure their consumers are satisfied with their experiences on the hardware listed as compatible. Why should I rant and rave over a new OS not truly designed as yet to run optimally on devices 2yrs old like the L920.

What I do appreciate and accept is the opportunity to be able to install the new OS on my L920 and experience the ups and downs but more so ups over the downs that when I change it that I'll already know what I'll be continuing with and with newer hardware to allow me to enjoy the WP10 OS even more.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a huge difference on my Lumia 950 with this update. It has given me anywhere from 5 to 6 hours more battery life If I'm using it. It was giving me 7 to 8 hours of battery life with a giant 12 to 13 percent per hour discharge speed and now I get 14 to 15 hours and 6 to 7 per hour discharge speed. It's a great improvement.
Are you running the new firmware cuz I have an ATT 950 and I know the firmware won't come for awhile wondering if I should hop on the insder yo get the update

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My 920 went from 100% to 21% in about 8 hours. Not so good. I used to get a day and a half. Ironically, it seems to charge much faster, now.

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I bought my 830 a week ago and have been using it as my daily phone at work sens. It works awesome with w10 .63. Battery is great, have about 65-70% left after work and I talk a lot in my phone at work, also get a lot of mail at work. From my experience W10 works excellent. Stabil and smooth with very good battery life.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Battery life pretty bad in my 830. I think the offending app is Messenger. Huge background usage. I'm guessing because of Skype integration.?.? Unfortunately if you turn Messaging background off then new messages will not notify..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb