No App updates after the recent 10586.63

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Be very careful not to perform a hard reset, otherwise you won't get the updates for the system apps (phone, messaging, groove...etc).

Non system apps (Word, Excel, Flipboard...etc) can be uninstalled and reinstalled to get the latest version. But the system apps can't be uninstalled, so they cannot be updated.

Can anybody confirm if this is just affecting .63, or is it a store problem affecting all builds?

I think its a store problem. Coz i was having the same problem in previous build.. Coz i wasnt able to update the window insider app..

AryanSharma

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here, store can't detect any updates on build .63, expecting updates for fb beta and windows insider but store says all are up-to-date. Didn't realize could be a build issue, will try uninstalling and reinstall. Good thing I didn't reset after upgrade...
Now did an uninstall and reinstall of these two apps and got the latest version

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes. There is a lot to update. After the reset, I normally have 40 of those updates pending including the pre-installed ones. Now, I have only 12 of them. Nothing for Mail, Camera, Phone, People, Photos, Store and other system apps.

I know very well it, but did you got 40 apps update WHEN you upgraded to 63? I guess not.
Upgrading from 36 to 63 brings no pendings. From .29 to .36 yes.
Assuming that, build. 63 has already them. Infact I told you before checkingvers. numbers. IMHO.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same here, store can't detect any updates on build .63, expecting updates for fb beta and windows insider but store says all are up-to-date. Didn't realize could be a build issue, will try uninstalling and reinstall. Good thing I didn't reset after upgrade...

Check better, I guess you Windows Insider version number is already right ;)

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I know very well it, but did you got 40 apps update WHEN you upgraded to 63? I guess not.
Upgrading from 36 to 63 brings no pendings. From .29 to .36 yes.
Assuming that, build. 63 has already them. Infact I told you before checkingvers. numbers. IMHO.

I had got that on Sunday when I tried to install .63 over 8.1. The data migrated pretty well and there were updates. I decided to do a master reset today and nothing found.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had got that on Sunday when I tried to install .63 over 8.1. The data migrated pretty well and there were updates. I decided to do a master reset today and nothing found.

I had just told I'm right! When you Hard Reset without WDRT, you got the last build, not the factory, and you got them all! Apps update too for 8.1 folks ready for 10. They'll update next days once by once, as usual

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had just told I'm right! When you Hard Reset without WDRT, you got the last build, not the factory, and you got them all! Apps update too for 8.1 folks ready for 10. They'll update next days once by once, as usual

I have read all of your posts in this thread and you are talking nonsense.

When upgrading from 8.1 straight to .63 there will be many app updates waiting to install, as the apps included in the OS builds are old and out of date. The problem here is that the store cannot find the updates.

Its the same when doing a hard reset. The OS remains at .63, but the apps are reverted to older versions that are not the latest available in the store. It is currently impossible to update store apps on .63 without first uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps, which is not possible with system apps, so they never update.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the issue too. If you need to update Windows Insider to get the new firmware, uninstall and then re-install Windows Insider from the store (you might have to reboot the phone before re-installing). And anyone else having this issue, please upvote the issues in the Windows Feedback app!

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Getting all the updates now, but the issue is not fixed still. Apps like rate my device, touch, glance etc are showing error while updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)