Touch screen Problem every update to any WP 10 Build Lumia 1520

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought the insider preview fixed mine for a while too, but it eventually started happening again, and it even got worse.

The only thing that helped mine was putting it in my pocket backwards. I've had very minor problems regarding phantom touching since i started doing that. Even that has it's problems tho. Now the proximity sensor is jacked, and the phone always thinks it's in my pocket or next to my face. I think all the flexing back and forth has also started to damage other parts as now the light for the back button doesn't work anymore and the plastic around the buttons and usb connector are starting to crack. The microphone works in calls sometimes, but a lot of time my wife says that it just cuts out and she can't hear me or she will start hearing scratching sounds, or she says i sound like i'm really far away.

I love my 1520, but it's unfortunately very poorly designed.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Pleased I read this thread and watched the video, it has proved to me my 1520 is superb, no trace of screen issues compared to the OP's one.

My only issue is on web pages and clicking on links, sometimes the link will open, sometimes the screen will resize and I have to try again, I will persevere with it for a few more months :wink:

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Put the phone in stand-by. Hold the phone upright with the screen facing you. With your right hand, put your thumb along the front of the top of the phone so that the end of your thumb is on the top left hand corner of the phone. Put the index and middle finger on the back of the phone at the top right hand side as you look at it.

Hold the weight of the phone in your right hand at the top and put your left thumb on the front bottom right hand corner of the phone. Then put your index and middle fingers on the back of the bottom left hand corner of the phone.

Now, apply some pressure on the front at the top left and bottom right with your thumbs and on the back at the top right and bottom left with your index and middle fingers.

You are basically putting a torque force across the digitiser and screen assembly. If this doesn't fix or temporarily ameliorate the problem then your phone needs servicing and you should look into warrantee options.

If your phone is out of warrantee then replacing the battery cover may fix the issue. I was able to do this myself using videos on YouTube with tools and parts I bought from Ebay that cost no more than ?40.

The likely cause of these problems is using a phone case that clips over the corners of the device and which applies pressure to the digitiser every time the phone is removed from the case. A pouch style case is therefore recommended to improve or prevent this problem.

I hope this helps.

God bless

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6