Touch screen Problem every update to any WP 10 Build Lumia 1520

Ahmad Ezzat

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi every one
Every windows insider build for windows 10 had been created i update to it , and every time i should to face this problem in the video i captured for my 1520 screen in the last Build 1058663
my 1520 touch doesn't respond and move up,down,left and right !!! and screen Trembles and home,back and Bing search Buttons don't respond too till i keep touch it several times
last time i back to WP8.1 i face the same problem !!!!!!
the problem end when i just lock and unlock the device and comeback every 5 m
what the hill is this ؟؟ Please help

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
clear example of the 'phantom touches' all my 1520's started to get after a while.

weird suggestion; try bending your phone a bit, grab the corners, and push with your thumb in the middle, screen facing outwards.

temporary fix though..

Ahmad Ezzat

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
jodeltje thanks for replaying
but i do not understand
is there a hardware problem so ??
or what
are me need to get my 1520 to maintinance
and for what exactly ??
Screen or Touch Pad or some thing other in the board ??
or i get a new one ??

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Because the 1520 is so big and lacks a proper internal frame, it can bend in ones pocket, messing with the contacts of the touchscreen getting disaligned and not making good contact anymore, hence touches are being registered that aren't actually pressed.

So yes, this definately is a hardware problem, even a disignflaw, if you will.

You will have to get the unit replaced.
Also, they don't replace the 1520 in my country anymore, they give you the 930 instead, but if you hammer the fact that you need sd-card support and a big battery, they may upgrade you to a 950XL for free.

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The thing that helped mine most was to start putting it on my pocket with the camera facing your leg instead of the glass.

It's a gigantic pain, and while I love my 1520, the hardware problems it has mixed with my mediocre feelings of windows 10 have made me seriously consider getting a dumb phone. I despise android and ios, and wp is adding the worst of both.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
The thing that helped mine most was to start putting it on my pocket with the camera facing your leg instead of the glass.

It's a gigantic pain, and while I love my 1520, the hardware problems it has mixed with my mediocre feelings of windows 10 have made me seriously consider getting a dumb phone. I despise android and ios, and wp is adding the worst of both.

your right that helps alot, that way it comes 'pre-bended-backwards a bit' everytime you get it out of your pocket, lol

HA, been considering an oldschool Nokia myself: After my 4 1520's, 3 930's, all faulty hardware, I bought an iphone 5s new which lasted the exact duration of the warranty period... Bought a secondhand 830 (broke within a week, camera unit broken) got it replaced, now my vibration motor doen't work anymore... I'm so tired of everything that fits in my pocket breaking all the time...

It's annoying there is no dumbphone with a killer camera.

Ahmad Ezzat

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
your right that helps alot, that way it comes 'pre-bended-backwards a bit' everytime you get it out of your pocket, lol

HA, been considering an oldschool Nokia myself: After my 4 1520's, 3 930's, all faulty hardware, I bought an iphone 5s new which lasted the exact duration of the warranty period... Bought a secondhand 830 (broke within a week, camera unit broken) got it replaced, now my vibration motor doen't work anymore... I'm so tired of everything that fits in my pocket breaking all the time...

have you a video for this
cause i dont understand what he mean
bit.ly/200mGOF
Hesham Foad

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Please HelpPlease HelpPlease HelpPlease HelpPlease HelpPlease Help

Dude calm down. Just put the phone in your pocket backwards, screen side away from your body. I don't know how to explain that any easier.

Not to derail the topic, but have you checked out the Nokia 515? That's the one I've got my eye on. Only a 5mp shooter, but that's the best I've seen in a feature phone. The biggest thing I'd miss would be Telegram. I think I can make do without anything else. I just need a phone that actually makes calls without taking a dump on itself after 5 seconds. Its either that, or I'm fixing the screen on my wife's broken iPhone 5 and giving that a whirl. I hate iPhones, but I'd also like having a device that the phone app doesn't crash in the middle of a call.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Do 2 things. First grab your phone in 2 hands, lay it on your fingers with the screen downwards. Now lay both thumbs on the nokia logo (on the back). Now just bend it a bit, pull the corners towards you, while pushing your thumbs on the back.
It will do the exact same as what Darthcircuit suggested, so it's also a good idea to carry the phone with the screen facing outwards in your pocket. When you bend your leg/knee/whatever the phone will still bend, but this way it won't mess with the contacts of your touchscreen.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've looked, but haven't found a video.

Have you tried reading this page in your native language using by Google Translate?

Don't know what else to say, let a friend read this page, maybe that helps.

EDIT: I don't even have the phone anymore, so no video from me.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
This problem has not been solved, it plaques the otherwise excellent 1520.

The connector of the touch screen digitizer has been damaged due to bending of the phone.

Hope this helps.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe my 1529 is different but these last few Insider builds has cured my phantom touch. It use to be so aggravating before then but maybe I'm lucky. I have no such issues now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99