Outlook Calendar Not Showing Up on Lockscreen

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an L640 on the 10586.63 build. No matter what option I select on the Lock Screen settings page for "Choose an app to show detailed status", I never see anything on my lock screen. Just the time and date, and the small icons for missed calls/voicemail, email and text messages.

I've tried the following apps with no success from the drop down menu: Windows Central, CBS Sports, Twitter, Skype, Phone, Messaging, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Weather.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an L640 on the 10586.63 build. No matter what option I select on the Lock Screen settings page for "Choose an app to show detailed status", I never see anything on my lock screen. Just the time and date, and the small icons for missed calls/voicemail, email and text messages.

I've tried the following apps with no success from the drop down menu: Windows Central, CBS Sports, Twitter, Skype, Phone, Messaging, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Weather.

Yeah, wonder what happened with the Builds that broke this.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Under settings- system - notifications & actions make sure "show notifications on the lock screen" is toggled on.

Yep, that settings is turned on. But my 640 still refuses to show any detailed information from a selected app. I do see the small icon notifications for unread mail, text messages, missed calls, etc. But the option to show detailed weather or whatever just doesn't work for me.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Yep, that settings is turned on. But my 640 still refuses to show any detailed information from a selected app. I do see the small icon notifications for unread mail, text messages, missed calls, etc. But the option to show detailed weather or whatever just doesn't work for me.
I'm on 10586.63 on 2 635's and 2 640's and the weather shows up on the lock screen on all 4 phones. Also get small icons for notifications on glance screen. Try a reset, maybe a HARD reset. That's what I had to do after my mail was screwed up, now most everything is working.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm on 10586.63 on 2 635's and 2 640's and the weather shows up on the lock screen on all 4 phones. Also get small icons for notifications on glance screen. Try a reset, maybe a HARD reset. That's what I had to do after my mail was screwed up, now most everything is working.
Just did a hard reset and build from scratch on my 640. And as I expected, still no detailed information on the lock screen. I'm not going to sweat it, but it should be something that gets fixed eventually.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Something to check, had exactly the same problem, seem to have fixed by having the live tile running.

As I run a different calendar app, had the live tile for Outlook calendar closed down, it seems like the lock screen needs this running to see what the event is that should be displayed.

To early to know for certain, but mine ran all day yesterday once I had dropped the outlook live tile out of the way on my start screen. (tucked away in a folder).

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Something to check, had exactly the same problem, seem to have fixed by having the live tile running.

As I run a different calendar app, had the live tile for Outlook calendar closed down, it seems like the lock screen needs this running to see what the event is that should be displayed.

I think this is correct. After unpinning my outlook calendar off the start screen in favor of the Cal app, I noticed this is when my calendar events stop shoeing in the lock screen.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Outlook Mail & Calendar update today

Just updated. Wonder if this fixes the issue. I went back and pinned the outlook calendar to my start screen and sure enough, lock screen now shows calends detail. This was before the update. I'll unpin after the update to see if the problem was resolved.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope! Updated Outlook Calendar app didn't fix it. Looks like you need to pin the app on the start screen in order to utilize the details on the lock screen. That stinks because I like the Cal app and that is what i use on the Start Screen.

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had exactly the same issues on my 950 and it's so infuriating. I had this feature set up on my 920 running 8.1 so expected it to be the same easy setup on the 950, but no. Having read many forums and feeds what has worked for me is: pin Outlook Calendar to the Start Screen and, heh presto, your calendar info shows up! I've moved the tile into an existing folder so it doesn't clog up the Start Screen. As I use Chronos Calendar+ (which feeds into Outlook Calendar), which isn't an option on the locked screen settings this feature is essential for me - thank goodness I've got it back!.

This resolution, after a lot of research and head scratching, indicates to me some lazy programming at Microsoft and a complete lack of response regarding the problem. I'm sure there is better and/or more elegant solution but Microsoft seem not to have the inclination, want, programming nouse or resources to properly resolve this.

lkpchennai

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Finally I found the solution to my problem, thanks to all who have contributed to this post...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb