Interaction methods. Shake, rattle, and roll?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
This isn't discussed hardly at all, so I'm gonna try to bring it up. I've already submitted feedback.

Using the new 950 XL as a baseline. From the spec sheets here:

http://news.microsoft.com/download/presskits/lumia/docs/lumia950XLDatasheet.pdf

Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor

Smartphones have become increasingly powerful in leaps and bounds. I see so much potential in interacting with Windows 10 Mobile in a variety of manner. Most of the way we usually interact with the phone is touch gestures. Usually single finger for the OS, and usually 2 while playing a game. I have not been able to see any options of interacting with the phone besides those obvious methods. Does anyone know if any other methods? Such as shaking, tilting, rattling/jerking, flicking. So basically making more use of the accelerometer and other sensors.

Has anyone found any hidden interaction methods to do various actions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think there's some Shake to send feedback features somewhere.

I know iOS had a shake to undo mechanic.

Windows Phone 8.x had a flip to silence option depending on the phone.

The thing is, using these as ways to use the device can be finicky because the phone will have to be able to distinguish the input using is limited senses. I know iOS's shake to undo appears more often than I ask for it.

Also worth noting Windows Phone 8.1's gestures beta app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This isn't discussed hardly at all, so I'm gonna try to bring it up. I've already submitted feedback.

Using the new 950 XL as a baseline. From the spec sheets here:

http://news.microsoft.com/download/presskits/lumia/docs/lumia950XLDatasheet.pdf

Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor

Smartphones have become increasingly powerful in leaps and bounds. I see so much potential in interacting with Windows 10 Mobile in a variety of manner. Most of the way we usually interact with the phone is touch gestures. Usually single finger for the OS, and usually 2 while playing a game. I have not been able to see any options of interacting with the phone besides those obvious methods. Does anyone know if any other methods? Such as shaking, tilting, rattling/jerking, flicking. So basically making more use of the accelerometer and other sensors.

Has anyone found any hidden interaction methods to do various actions?

Check core app Gestures

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon