Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few reboots on my 950XL since updating to 71, and I have never had a single reboot since I picked it up in November, so at least for me, it is not as stable as previous builds. I even had one case where it locked up with a strange noise when a call came in, and I had to pull the battery to reset it. So I hope we get a new update next week as rumored. On the previous build, my phone was rock solid.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
just updated outlook and calendar this morning. but the event indicator on the month view is still no show. soft reset does not fix it. there is also no indicators at all for year show. anyone else have this problem?
640xl lte ds

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been having camera focusing problems for a while now with my AT&T L830. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time when I open the camera app, the focus is stuck and it doesn't actually focus on anything. Everything is blurry and it doesn't want to auto focus. Even when I go into the manual focusing mode (using the controls at the top of the camera screen) and use the focus slider nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a hardware/firmware issue because other apps can't focus either, I'll try and scan a barcode using the Amazon app and everything is blurry and it wont focus.

The really strange thing is sometimes the camera does focus and I have no idea why it gets stuck and then sometimes works. Turning the phone off and then on doesn't seem to fix it, neither does a soft reset. It'll just randomly focus sometimes and it'll be stuck other times.

It's super frustrating and something that I hope will get fixed soon.

The focusing is mechanical, if it does not work even in manual mode nor in other apps, it looks like a hardware defect that no firmware or update will ever fix...

Have tried reverting to 8.1? If it works out not would confirm if it's a hardware issue.

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well that was possibly 2 hours wasted!!!

I rolled my 830 back to 8.1 using the WDR and then installed the Insider app again and clicked 'Fast Ring' - Reboot, Then downloading an update (which took ages), Preparing to install said update (again took ages) - Reboot, Coggs 'Updating' - Reboot 'Finishing off.. .blah blah...' and I'm on... .36 again!!!

Checking available updates and there's nothing again!!!

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The focusing is mechanical, if it does not work even in manual mode nor in other apps, it looks like a hardware defect that no firmware or update will ever fix...

Have tried reverting to 8.1? If it works out not would confirm if it's a hardware issue.

I have not tried to revert back to 8.1 yet. But the focusing works sometimes which is really weird. If it was something completely mechanical that was broken then I would expect it to never work.

I hope it's something software related that can get fixed once and for all in a future update.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I understand people's frustration but you do have to accept the fact that 10 is inevitable. They're going to stop supporting 8.1 and pretty much feature lock 10. I think some of you need to decide if you can live with 10 in its current state knowing that you're likely only going to see performance enhancements moving forward.

The base has ben established. There won't be any foundational changes so you probably need to decide if you like the overall structure, layout and interface. If you don't then you're only going to be able to rollback for so long. I for one like Windows 10 mobile and plan to ride it until the wheels fall off (if they do) but make no bones about it if they do fall off it's either Android or iOS. I'm not trying to rollback to an older, u supported OS just for my love of the platform.

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ignore that... I'm a bellend!!! After all that fannying around I've found I'm looking at the wrong bit.. I was looking at the Firmware, which in my defence looks remarkably similar (in numbers) to the Software version!!! well it ends in .36 :cool:

Anyhew, I am running .71 :winktongue:

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Having issues with Spotify on this build. Seems to freeze up like crazy and takes a while to play any songs. Anyone else noticing this?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Several days now on .71 All is still good. Battery seems better, or not better/worse. It's hard to tell cos I keep messing around the settings, new apps updates etc... no freezing, almost zilch resuming issues. The only lag is attaching picts in apps/email. Have to wait a bit for "just-taken" photos to populate the photo album.

razvan

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
same problem with the internet , data consumption is way to high even for watsapp that consume so low , it consumed me 300mb in 1 day

Reldel

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Did the .71 update when it first became available to the fast ring members and really had no new issues then as of today I noticed my glance screen stopped working. Now when I try to open glance screen in extras it keeps kicking me back out and won't open. I've tried a few soft resets but still the same issue. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Yes, I had same problem with glance crashing. After seeing a few other quirks I used Windows phone recovery tool and rolled back to 8.1. Re-installed .71, glance now works fine and other quirks were eliminated.

anon(669934)

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950 AT&T....cannot update past .36. Changed from slow ring to fast this afternoon and no configuration update or .71....never bothered with .63. I don't want to use Recovery Tool or reset AGAIN, is this only an AT&T problem or???

My ATT 950 is not receiving the update either. In either fast or slow ring.

Trujillo Esplain

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I own a Lumia 950. Pretty stressful actually. Especially when I need to capture those precious moments and the camera doesn't focus or it'll stall.. :/

Trujillo Esplain

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue. I own a Lumia 950. Pretty stressful actually. Especially when I need to capture those precious moments and the camera doesn't focus or it'll stall.. :/

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody confirm that data leak bug in .63 is now gone ?

I've been looking for the same answer as you. I've not gotten a response from Gabe or Dan via Twitter nor anything from these forums. I'm still on Overage Data until this Weds. so I have not enabled Message Backups again until I have some data to play with. The leak burned through about 10Gig of my data in two weeks before I noticed it and found out, via Windows Central, about the leak. There was nothing in the last version notes about it either.

If anyone has any info about this issue please advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234