Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Regarding battery usage... You can't tell how the battery will hold up until you've used a build for at least a week. There are a lot of processes going on the first couple of days after update which will make your battery usage higher than usual.

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
in the 2 previous builds there is a lag in the lock screen. it usually takes 5+ secs for the time and date to appear, sometimes it doesn't appear at all until the screen goes off again. now it's more consistent and shows all the time. that's the only thing I noticed lol

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Installed it last night. Phone 950XL suddenly restarted right now. It was on the desk and I hear Buzz and see Microsoft logotyp... what to H...

Last edited:

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and set up in the background last night on its own... During the day, i.e. 8 hours now, there have been two random reboots. No obvious reason.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
You can possible measure battery life hours after installing new build. Give it 2 days, it will get 100% better. My Lumia 930 takes around 2 days before it get's normall battery life. It's normall thing.

kmmartins

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Good build

Camera doesnt crash anymore
facebook app doesnt crash anymore
photo adding in telegram does work now, searching for photo's still may crash when it is searching for the new pics.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly after this update my 950XL SIM2 Data Usage is reporting 290.53MB, prior to the 10586.71 update it was reporting 1.11GB. The kicker is I have no SIM installed in the 2nd slot!

alanhouston

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Snappier does seem to be the right word for this build on my Lumia 640 LTE. Everything seems a touch faster and smoother. The only "bug" resulting from the install that I have found is that my Gmail preferences were reset back to the defaults (settings such as "synch every 15 minutes").

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
+1 You have to use the new version, the old one is no longer supported or updated. I supposed speecy was talking about the new one.
If you open settings and search for the old one, it says that you need to use the new one and displays a clickable link to get to the new one, but when you click on it (touch it), the screen disappears for a second or two, then comes back to the same screen again. That's the process that wasn't working, a minor thing, but silly to provide a link that doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
okay...so keyboard problem is still there...on my L720
keyboard doesnt come up while typing.in some languages...
even after tapping in the writing box . keyboard doesnt show up everytime

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So I have AT&T 950. I am stuck on .36. I tried the set insider to production. Reboot and check for updates. Nothing. Then set to fast and rebooted. Checked for updates and got nothing. Loaded Windows Device Recovery tool and it says I have the latest version. What gives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb