Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
If you did a hard reset when you upgraded from 8.1 --> 10 then No.

After installing the update If you experience crashes, lags and unusual heating for atleast 2 days then try the hard reset.

You may still need to do a hard reset, I had to with the last build, and I was already running Win10M. I haven't done a hard reset this time though and things seem fine. Last time I had a lot of issues, a hard reset then restore from backup fixed everything.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
You may still need to do a hard reset, I had to with the last build, and I was already running Win10M. I haven't done a hard reset this time though and things seem fine. Last time I had a lot of issues, a hard reset then restore from backup fixed everything.

I had to hard reset to get motion sensor working again on my 930 coming from the previous win 10 build.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
830 on .71 since updating it last night....
seems faster... seriously, it seems so. The Store launches quickly, as with most apps
Wont pass judgement on the battery endurance. Need a few days to see how it goes.

HinoMusouka

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Phone is still randomly rebooting on .71. Did it on the previous build, doing it here too.

I know, I know.. try a hard reset.

Hard reset never helped me with anything more trivial than a stuck app that wouldn't update or even open in the earlier builds. In recent 5 ones I gave up because it makes absolutely no change if I hard reset or not - the battery life is either working good after update or nothing helps and I loose 1% a minute of screen on time.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Video skype updates itself silently, then disappeared in background apps list, and set auto log-in, drainin battery .
Check if in Messages when answering a sms it shows "send text, send skype". If yes, open video skype -> settings -> log out, confirm

tubawizard

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the latest build without many issues on my Lumia 640 XL. Just my Bluetooth connection with my TV did not work. With this build that has been fixed. I am noticing a decent speed increase on all fronts. Very good progress.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I got approx 50 apps in the update queue on my L735, that i did a factory reset on after .71 was installed, and no settings restore. A tip, pause all apps in queue & first install the Store app update only. Then open Store again & check for new apps & resume all, then they will install.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the excessive data usage from the last build has been fixed in this build? Nothing in the build notes about it. I usually go through about 5 gig on a 15 gig plan each month. I went through 15 gig in 2 weeks on the last build. The excessive data usage stopped when I turned off messaging backup in settings, which was reported by Windows Central. I still have it off on this new build because I have not been able find out whether it has been fixed or not.

PFAR

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else just get a massive store update it updated 26 app including all the Microsoft apps?
It does that when you install a ui language or keyboard, and installed apps have localized resource files available. The idea is that you don't need to download localized resources for your apps when you're most likely not using them, and when you do install additional languages the store will download any additional resources available.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the excessive data usage from the last build has been fixed in this build? Nothing in the build notes about it. I usually go through about 5 gig on a 15 gig plan each month. I went through 15 gig in 2 weeks on the last build. The excessive data usage stopped when I turned off messaging backup in settings, which was reported by Windows Central. I still have it off on this new build because I have not been able find out whether it has been fixed or not.

Did you disabled the show Onedrive photos in Photo app? And the video uploaing in OneDrive app? they cause a continuous data stream up and down.
Did your Store got pending apps?

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I never changed anything from build to build. The last build was the first time I ever had excessive data usage. After noticing the problem I went to Windows Central and saw the article about the problem. It stated that the possible cause was messaging backup. Once I disabled that setting the excessive data usage stopped.

I did check my Photo/Video backup settings and they are set to only upload on WiFi and not over Metered Connection.

Thanks for the reply though.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My battery is so horrible now. Some say to give it 2 days but I've had it since it came out and it doesn't seem to resolve itself. I even had feedback diagnostics set to basic, but changed it back to enhanced so I can get keyboard learning. And I don't have skype linked. NFC is off, location is off. I never had this sort of problem before. Also apps are crashing here and there. Usually on startup, relaunching app fixes it, but also didn't have that issue. Will give it to the rest of the day and then open up a feedback request or find similar ones and upvote hehe. I also usually keep my brightness from 0-25%. 0 at night, 25% during day. Sometimes when out and it's bright i'll set it to 100%, but haven't done that yet, almost afraid what will happen. hehe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss