Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So far, SO, SO, on my ICON.....

1. Button mute of Cortana STILL does not work (If you leave Cortana to always read texts, if it reads it out loud in 8.1 you could hit any button to mute her, this has NEVER worked on 10). Does this work on a 950/950XL ?

2. Battery life day 1 is not impressive so far.pulled the phone off the charger @ 5:41am, it's now 10:33, only checked email and used the camera to take a quick email, my battery is at 77%...At this rate by 5, the battery will be dead... This alone temps me to go back to 8.1...

Over all seems ok, No "loading...." screens so far...Need another day or 2 to really test it but, this weekend I go back to my Android phone for a few days (need apps)...

Double Blue Jay

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
640 here...Battery life is noticeably worse. A lot worse. Everything else seems quite snappy and fluid though. One of the main selling points for me to switch to WP was the battery life. This needs to addressed.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean mobile hotspot disconnection issue can be resolved after a HARD reset?

I have this problem since .63 even after a hard reset. I am using 1020.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Same... Here's to hoping this fixes my inability to "Connect/project" to my Xbox One. Oh, and maybe i'll be able to turn off my phone and not have it just reboot instead.

Although I doubt it, because my laptop isn't able to anymore either. At least my Xbox actually shows up on my laptop, my 640 doesn't even find it. -_-

Change power settings on Xbox to energy saving exit and shut down the Xbox. Turn Xbox back on and change back to Instant on turn off Xbox and turn back on. Try and find now.

Sent from mTalk

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 950XL on AT&T phone automatically updated to the .71 this morning. I am in the Fast Insider lane.
When I got to work, I could not connect to Wi-Fi internet. Had to reboot the phone a couple of times. The same happened last week with the Windows update on my Surface Book. Something must be going on the Wi-Fi card drivers.

My biggest issue, was hoping for the real world 4g LTE download speeds. Sorry to say, the phone seems to be stuck 3g land even when it reads LTE. Most speed tests under 2mb. So the inability to open web pages continues. Either all white or all black screens with no content.

I cannot say of the battery lasts longer yet, but that will be next.

You need to find an AT&T branded LTE IMEI number. If you use the one on your 950XL, AT&T's network won't recognize the LTE capability.

Jan777

May 29, 2014
Visit site
A little smoother but
A. Battery life is now horribly bad, fully charged in the morning, almost no usage, phone dies before 9 pm. Lumia 925
B. The bug that mutes the ring sound after being connected with Bluetooth headphones still there. Better not be expecting any important calls because you will have reboot to get the ringtone back
C. What's app not possible to add to battery save mode an exeption to get notifications

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
That's the first thing I noticed. Big bummer for me. ��
My wife is Chinese... I read at mobilegeeks com/here-maps-no-longer-supports-china-hong-kong-macau-on-android , that support was removed in last April :(

Do you mean mobile hotspot disconnection issue can be resolved after a HARD reset?
I have this problem since .63 even after a hard reset. I am using 1020.

I had the same problem with previous builds but havent tried hard reset. haven't tried it now after .71 and hard reset so far.

skype video only gives error, cant connect and I may not uninstall that stupid app.
I dont want skype on my mobile! is there any other SMS app like the old one?
notification sound also doesnt work for SMS, just "1" shown in live tile, no sound or notification at all

everything else is running very well, much better than the last 2-3 builds. no battery drains or other trouble

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried it on a Lumia 1520? How about battery life and overheat in use? Because that's what I recall the biggest dissaster of W10 Mobile.

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640: First time using WM10 on this. It's definitely daily driver material for me. Battery feels solid so far. Unplugging @ 6:30am and getting home @ 8:30pm with at least 45% left. 3 emails, Bluetooth audio/podcast about 1.5 hours. Web browsing, about 2 hours. FB about 30 mins. 50 SMS/MMS, Viber online. So far, it has been more solid than my 830 on .63.

Lumia 830: I can't tell yet. I've been messing with the 640 all this time but it is on .71.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Installed 10586.71 without issue, took about an hour or more. Can't determine size of download as the wifi data usage didn't increase at all during this time which reinforces my previous observations that wifi data usage tracking doesn't track OS updates

No store updates after install, checked several times since I installed .71.

Under observation. Lumia 1020

apableo

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
You may still need to do a hard reset, I had to with the last build, and I was already running Win10M. I haven't done a hard reset this time though and things seem fine. Last time I had a lot of issues, a hard reset then restore from backup fixed everything.

I do also have a problem with signing in on my People, Mail and Calendar apps after doing a hard reset on .63. Prior to that, I have a great experience with Insider Fast Builds on my 640 XL since November. So I downgraded to 8.1 for now and downloading the .71 hoping it will fix everything. I dunno if its my unified MS Account to blame...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb