Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

wizaard

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My experience with the new build is mostly positive - I didn't notice any difference to the previous one except for the fact that my car Bluetooth handsfree audio is now "choppy" and also my phone doesn't automatically connect to it (I need to connect manually), which has never happened before. Hope next update fixes it.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
On .71 for 24 hours now on L830. Store app updates don't work (V2015.25.24.0, no update received). Battery seems a tad better, looks as if I would get 24 hours out of it, compared to 12-18 hours before (but 48 hours on 8.1). Had some issues with the SD card asking for a cleanup twice after a soft reset, and 3 apps not working anymore that are stored on the SD card. Had to remove and reinstall. Other than that, smooth and snappy. Maybe I Hard reset and do not restore, would be first after 8.1 -> .29 -> .63

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried it on a Lumia 1520? How about battery life and overheat in use? Because that's what I recall the biggest dissaster of W10 Mobile.

I have ran every Insider build on my AT&T 1520 and never had either of those issues. My only problem has been WiFi disconnects occasionally that require a reboot to fix.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
How's your battery on the new build? I have the L830 and I'm having a horrible time with battery drain. I did a hard reset of the phone (Settings->System->About->Reset your phone) and I have no apps installed other then the default ones. The phone will be completely charged in the morning and after an hour it'll be down to around 90%. The weird thing is I'll do a soft reset (holding power and the volume down button) and when it comes back the battery reads 80%. So it drops another 10% just by doing a soft reset. I've signed out of Skype, no MicroSD card, etc. I have no idea why the phone is killing the battery when I'm literally doing nothing.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
How's your battery on the new build? I have the L830 and I'm having a horrible time with battery drain. I did a hard reset of the phone (Settings->System->About->Reset your phone) and I have no apps installed other then the default ones. The phone will be completely charged in the morning and after an hour it'll be down to around 90%. The weird thing is I'll do a soft reset (holding power and the volume down button) and when it comes back the battery reads 80%. So it drops another 10% just by doing a soft reset. I've signed out of Skype, no MicroSD card, etc. I have no idea why the phone is killing the battery when I'm literally doing nothing.

I also just did a Hard reset. I will observe for 24...48 hours and come back. Indeed it does not look a favourable as I initally thought.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The frustrating part is that I have no idea why the battery is getting sucked down for no reason. Nothing stands out in the "Battery Use" page and I have no apps installed. Doing a soft reset in the morning seems to stop the run-away battery drain but that's crazy if we have to do that every day. I know these are preview builds and I accept that, I've been on the Insider Fast track for a while, but the last few builds have been horrible for my battery.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that battery seems to go down as normal throughout the day, but in the evening it seems to drop dramatically very quickly. I think the battery drain as reported by the handset is wrong, the reason I say this is, if i drop it on the Qi charger, it charges very quickly which leads me to think that the battery is not actually as low it would seem. Anyone else seen this? I'm on a L930.

I haven't allowed it to run down completely so I can't be 100% sure either way.

Aside from this, I'm liking it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The frustrating part is that I have no idea why the battery is getting sucked down for no reason. Nothing stands out in the "Battery Use" page and I have no apps installed. Doing a soft reset in the morning seems to stop the run-away battery drain but that's crazy if we have to do that every day. I know these are preview builds and I accept that, I've been on the Insider Fast track for a while, but the last few builds have been horrible for my battery.

Leapo

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to this build on my Lumia 920, let it settle for a couple days... so far, so good.

+ Battery life seems decent (Not as good as 8.1, but still lasts all day without a problem). Running without Skype, for now.
+ Random instances where the phone would get incredibly hot and drain battery seem to be gone.
- Brightness control in the action center is still bugged (Low = High, Medium = Low, High = Medium).
- Photos app still likes to quit-out in the middle of using it for no reason.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Well it's true that build 10586.104 has been compiled for a few days now, I could easily see it being released in the next week. Hopefully this is the one.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb