New Cumulative Build .71 Available to Fast Ring Insiders.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Could you check what the size of the update was? I'm using a lumia 1020 and the update says it's 284MB
One of the changes for the previous Configuration Update and this .71 build is that the Windows Update function is more aligned with the Desktop Windows Update, ie, it will only download the patches needed for your device instead of the whole ROM/image.

Therefore, it is entirely conceivable that you will have a different size download compared to another person.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
One of the changes for the previous Configuration Update and this .71 build is that the Windows Update function is more aligned with the Desktop Windows Update, ie, it will only download the patches needed for your device instead of the whole ROM/image.

Therefore, it is entirely conceivable that you will have a different size download compared to another person.

The update was indicating it is 284MB but from past experience this isn't always true
I'm hoping someone checks data usage to see actual size. Not on wifi anymore

PLEASEHELPLL

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a 950xl and have not received the update yet?
do I have to signup for the production program on the windows insider app....I am on the fast ring now.
or
do I have to leave program and resubmit to get the update?
thanks
ll

PLEASEHELPLL

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received it yet either.....did it ever come thru for you.....if so how?
do I have to signup for the production program on the windows insider app....I am on the fast ring now.
or
thanks
ll

PLEASEHELPLL

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
or
thanks
ll

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
or
thanks
ll

Enter in Insider App, select again Fast, confirm, wait for rebootin and then search for Updates in all apps >Settings

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 LTE and installed the .71 update yesterday. I did not do a hard reset after the install, but I may have to if it can fix the only issue I have encountered. No matter what I try, I can not get an alarm to actually work. I've double checked all my sound, notification, background app settings and it should work. But when I set even a one time alarm for 2 minutes from now I can watch the phone on the start screen and see/hear nothing. Checking the alarm status says it will go off again in 24 hours (for a single use alarm??). Can anyone else confirm or deny that the alarms are borked in this release?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 LTE and installed the .71 update yesterday. I did not do a hard reset after the install, but I may have to if it can fix the only issue I have encountered. No matter what I try, I can not get an alarm to actually work. I've double checked all my sound, notification, background app settings and it should work. But when I set even a one time alarm for 2 minutes from now I can watch the phone on the start screen and see/hear nothing. Checking the alarm status says it will go off again in 24 hours (for a single use alarm??). Can anyone else confirm or deny that the alarms are borked in this release?

Alarm works fine. Check if there's an app update pending in Store

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Seems snapper and allround faster on my 830. Battery seems fine too. In about 10-12 hours in standby it lost about 8-10%, everything is on, mail sync, kalender and so on so it seems fine

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Alarm works fine. Check if there's an app update pending in Store
Nothing pending in the store. The app is installed to my phone's internal storage, with no available option to move or uninstall it. According to the app, I have version 10.1512.58020.0. I'm thinking a hard reset might be my best shot here.

Edit: After two soft resets my alarms are working. Sure was a lot easier than a hard reset and restore.

Last edited:

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing pending in the store. The app is installed to my phone's internal storage, with no available option to move or uninstall it. According to the app, I have version 10.1512.58020.0. I'm thinking a hard reset might be my best shot here.

Edit: After two soft resets my alarms are working. Sure was a lot easier than a hard reset and restore.

I believe that hard resets are overkill, in most cases.

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
After I updated to .71 on my 950 XL, it seems quite unstable with 3 random reboots. Bluetooth was still erratic with the toggle grey-out and connection keeps dropping during phone call. I had no choice but to soft reset it. Seems snappier after that but I still need to test out the Bluetooth connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo