Tunein Radio not compatible with this device

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I've been using that app since 8.0 and on this phone (830) since 8.1, it is suppose to be a universal app and now I am not even able to download it :(

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
This is where the "app gap" hits us in every day life,
I've been a Tunein user for years on android and latterly WP, it was fine on 8.1 but now broken on 10, the update required to fix it could be weeks, months or never, it's just not important enough on W10m for the developer to bother, ive got the same problem with my banking app ( UK First Direct) that won't even launch , wunderlist live tiles broken. The HP printing app has only just been updated to work after weeks of freezing.

The point is this would not happen on Android or iOS, heavy weight apps would be fixed in a matter of hours if they were broken by an OS update or even updated prior to ensure compatability.

The response from First direct was.....We have no plans at present to support windows 10 mobile and had I considered getting an android phone ? 😕

Can you imagine " We have no plans to support Marshmallow (or iOS 9)"..........

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Still got the same problem here with 950xl
I had the app first back in December, but had to reinstall my phone and couldn't get it to download the app again due to not being compatible :/

I contacted the support back in the beginning of January and got the answer that the new app is universal but that the Windows 10 OS was just recently released to a limited number of users and that they are working toward "optimizing" the app for a new mobile experience....

This sounds strange as someone who had the app prior to the latest update could still keep using it and get the updates(I was one of them).

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I contacted their support and the response was they are aware of the issue and working on a resolution. FWIW, I also have the exact same issue with Accuweather. I contacted their support and got the exact same response. US L950 XL.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Accuweather alway worked, the only iusse it's the transparent tile missing on Win10

EDIT: I didn't know there's a new Accu app on store for Win10... But it makes my phone crash

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Accuweather works it's the orange icon in the store it's uwp now

I prefer the other one. It's the only one my 950 XL will recognize as a lock screen app to display. The orange one doesn't. This is the version I'm referring to. AccuWeather - Weather for Life https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfj1cf[/url]

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was exited to see a Tunein update in the store today for my win 10 1520 but I don't see any changes except the ad at the bottom. There is still no access to preferred content and it still says incompatible on my 950

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750