L920 - Completely bricked changing setting...Recovery Tool Not Seeing Phone

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am Fast Ring and was running .71. All was good, really quite good, until tried to change a setting under Phone. Now the dang thing is completely bricked and my SP3 won't give me a positive "connection" when pluggin it is utilizing the Recovery Tool.

Any thoughts? I am completely aghast that this happened! Please help. Oh, and the Volume Down+Power key press doesn't work either. UGH!

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Dang it, my was only showing nokia logo and the powering off. I used NSU retail to fix it. Have you tried it ? There's no hope, but still, maybe miracle will happen. :D It doesn't even vibrate ? :OO

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Also, now my Qi wireless charging plate is lighting up...it wasn't before. I really don't want to replace it as I am not terribly enthused about where W10M is going, marketwise.

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Me too. I've 920 also and I'm waiting to see what will happen :) Since your phone does "nothing" at all I suppose it's time to wave farewell... What I would do is try caharging, or removing battery for some time, but it's hopeless in your situation.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lumias tend to die that way naturally, some times they just power on after some hours, some they just never live again, quite frustrating really, try using a really powerful charger, the battery meter could've been showing false numbers, last thing would be to open it and try to charge the battery directly

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Any other 920 users having this problem? Mine's a 920, and using it as my daily driver. Does .71 bricks 920? Can others confirm this? I should just cancel my update then.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
OK. Thanks. I will plug it in and keep it going for a while. I will have to pick up a L640 go phone as I want to limit my investment in W10M. I am really upset with MSFT and WM at this point. This has nothing to do with my current situation.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I did not try the key hard reset sequence, but have done so in the past with all of these fast ring builds.

But, I want to announce that I left it in the Qi charging plate because at least I was getting the little white light on the side of the plate confirming that the battery was charging. And, the phone sprang to life announcing 30% battery. It took 4 hours on the plate to get it there! So, the faulty battery thing mentioned above mist have been the problem. Or, it was because I picked up a 640 go phone from Best Buy and my 920 didn't like that! Oh well, I will give the new on to the Mrs. as her 925 has been acting up.

Thanks for the advice on making sire I was at least charging it!

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I did not try the key hard reset sequence, but have done so in the past with all of these fast ring builds.

But, I want to announce that I left it in the Qi charging plate because at least I was getting the little white light on the side of the plate confirming that the battery was charging. And, the phone sprang to life announcing 30% battery. It took 4 hours on the plate to get it there! So, the faulty battery thing mentioned above mist have been the problem. Or, it was because I picked up a 640 go phone from Best Buy and my 920 didn't like that! Oh well, I will give the new on to the Mrs. as her 925 has been acting up.

Thanks for the advice on making sire I was at least charging it!

After the update, it started eating my battery like crazy. I did 2 or 3 soft resets and powered it off for a while and it settled down. Perhaps you had a similar issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After the update, it started eating my battery like crazy. I did 2 or 3 soft resets and powered it off for a while and it settled down. Perhaps you had a similar issue.

It needs to update and sync all core apps, and all background apps are set to on again by default. Check it and let the phone stabilyze 2 days

EDIT: I discovered Video Skype is always logged in and unable to set off in background apps, and drains a lot using Messages + Skype

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith