Skype Video and Camera issues

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having a rant. I just so want WP to succeed, but there are still so many problems.

On a plus note, my MSN Weather app live tile has started following me again, and not needing manual update.

Don't know when that was fixed, but now working.

Do you also have the issue with camera app, where first open it opens with a strange image border that then disappears as it goes full screen.

Hard to explain, kind of a picture within a picture i guess, just the outer 3-4 mm all around.

L925.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I really hope that MS dosen't upgrade the WP8.x devices with a build that have this kind of issues. But for an Insider Preview, I think it could be something that is okay during development of the product.

I am normally signed out from "Skype video" since it drains the battery a little bit to quick. But in the L925, when starting Skype video, it starts with "Loading..." for a second, then "Just a moment..." & then a blue banner in the top that says "no video preview available."

My L820 reboots almost directly when Skype video is started. When loading it freezes & then it is a reboot. Can't even sign out from Skype video.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Sam here, it was the main camera app I was referring to with my poor description of the screen when it starts.

Also, when I've tried to open Skype, I have to restart phone as camera app wont work again until I do.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
When "Skype video" has been started, it seems as the "Camera" app dosen't work out as intended. So then I get a error message & a hex code. A shut down & restart of the phone & it is possible to use "Camera" app again.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Of course. Skype is enabled in privacy.

In both the L820 & L925 it is On in my phones.

In the L925 it made no difference to turn it off & on again.

In the L820, when turning Off, the "Skype video" app was able to be started & it was then possible to configure & then sign out. So you made my day with the L820. Thank you. But both of them has the Blue banner telling that there is no camera.

slivovica

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have often the problem with the camera after starting the app. Camera don't work. An error message "Something went wrong" Error code: 0xA00F4246(0xE8010014)" appears. In other forum I found posts that Skype Video causes the error. After soft reset everything is fine until relaunch Skype video app.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be similar for me. But since "Skype video" isen't crucial for me, I'll keep it signed out on all of my Lumia W10M devices, untill it works as supposed.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well. If I shutdown the phone and power it back on, video does work with the Skype app. But it will not work with Messenger + Skype.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Thats correct. For me it is the bulit in W10M "Skype video" that dosen't work.

Today there are three different Skype applications. So it is necessary to tell which one you mean.

"Skype video" (The new W10M built-in phone video client)
"Skype for Consumer" (The "normal" Skype)
"Skype for Business" (former known as Lync)

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It very much doesn't work fine on the 925.

Guess it never will now, shame as it was working in WP10, then MS broke it, and as we are no longer supported, I guess they won't waste time fixing it.

Log it out and never use it, no great loss. Use Skype app if you need skype on phone, that works fine.

duy730409

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I have 925 too and my solution is restart the phone and don't touch "Skype Video" anymore, the camera will be normal as long as that app is opened.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Mentioned that in first post, pretty sure problem requires new firmware, which we will never get.

Skype app works fine, and never skype on phone anyway, so not really an issue.

prasadm

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same issue on my 540 DS. Exactly as was described in the original post. Restart causes the camera to start working again, until you start skype video. This is on the 10586.164 standard build.

However, I was also registered on the insider slow ring, and got the 14295.1000. That did not have the problem with skype video and camera. However I had to fall back to the 10586.164 because of a Bluetooth issue in the 14295. I will stay on the .164 until the new build comes out where they seems to have solved the Bluetooth issue..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb