Skype Video and Camera issues

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else got this issue.
Lumia 925.
Camera app works fine, but if I try to launch the skype video app, I get this error.
'No video preview available. Your device might not have a camera, camera disabled in privacy or another app might be already using it.'
If i then try to launch the camera app I get
'Something went wrong. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4246(0xE8010014)'
Phone need to be restarted to get camera working again.
Had this problem for the last 2 or 3 builds.
Tried roll back to 8, then updates, restoring and not restoring, nothing seems to fix it.

any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else got this issue.
Lumia 925.
Camera app works fine, but if I try to launch the skype video app, I get this error.
'No video preview available. Your device might not have a camera, camera disabled in privacy or another app might be already using it.'
If i then try to launch the camera app I get
'Something went wrong. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4246(0xE8010014)'
Phone need to be restarted to get camera working again.
Had this problem for the last 2 or 3 builds.
Tried roll back to 8, then updates, restoring and not restoring, nothing seems to fix it.

any ideas?

Did you simply uninstall skypevideo and install it again? It seems there's a background app getting busy cam

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Anybody find an answer to these problems? I still can't video call my wife with Skype. This is really starting to make me want an iPhone so I can just Facetime her :/

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1020 .
I have the exact same issue, Skype video can't be un-installed, have un-installed Skype (soft reset) re-installed Skype and it made no difference.
I don't use Skpe, but it should be working, just in case I want to......

Last edited:

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Problem lies with software/firmware as no amount of hard/soft resets with restored or not restored settings will get it working.

Camera generally is not great on 925 with latest WM10.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Also did a hard reset. Worked fine until the apps updated. Now back to square one. Anyone got a fix?

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Which app would it be? I did a soft reset, changed my cam from Lumia to Windows Camera. Nothing works. Regular Skype doesn't work. Other apps using the cam do work. Such as my banking app and Amazon.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with "Skype video" on my L925 & .107
My L820 also have problem with "Skype video", but that phone reboots as fast as the "Skype video" is accessed.

The normal "Skype for Consumer" works fine, or atleast better, small hickups sometimes.

slivovica

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. "No video preview available. Your device might not have a camera, camera disabled in privacy or another app might be already using it." I have L820 bulid .107.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Did that this morning, nothing showing.

I'm starting to think it may be a firmware issue. Not sure which update broke it, but its not worked for the last month or two.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
MS role this out to people who have 8.1 with everything working, there will be a riot.
Remember that it still is a Insider Preview = Beta. Not a public release = RTM. So no need of beeing upset. Report the issue to MS & hopefully they will solve it in an future insider release.

I have the same camera problem with the Skype video app in my L925 & it is even worse in my L820 since it reboots the phone there when trying to start Skype video. But the choice to upgrade was my own. If I don't like it, I always can roll back p? WP8.1 (But I won't)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster