Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

FurY2007

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue some others had in this thread: no matter what, even after a reboot I had this happening on my Lumia1020. I left it silent all night, it downloaded the update and got the message the phone needed a reboot. Once that happened the phone froze again when going to that settings screen, did another reboot and then finally I could reboot & install.
Updated without a hitch, still have not seen anything different but am hoping this build will drain less battery than .71 (which was murder on the 1020).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
L520: 30 min downloading and preparing, other 30 min spinnin gears and data moving

Tha'ts all fluent till now.
I had a big improvement on last prev, I don't expect anymore except bugfixes ;)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Can no longer add appointments using "Simple Calendar". Live tile works ok and updates when I add appointments using "Outlook Calendar", but double-tapping a date or touching '+' to add appointments within "Simple Calendar" no longer works, it just does nothing at all.

Have done a hard reset...

Another issue that's been there for a few builds now is that the background is normally dimmed/darker when browsing the app list, but if you start an app then go back to the app list, the background image is no longer dimmed/darker, but is displayed in full glory/brightness. Minor issue, but strange that this hasn't been fixed, it would appear quite simple on the face of it, but maybe is more complex underneath...

flasdffl

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
For me still same problems:
- not able to send 160 char messages in Slovak, it uses full charset despite being configured for reduced one
- hotspot not working for other devices than PC, the easiest way is to try to connect kindle to a mobile hotspot, or even better two lumias - one as access point, the other one as client.

I would be glad if somebody with 2 mobiles could try to reproduce the problem with hotspot (as mentioned above)

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything different on my Lumia 830.

Things that still annoy me daily:
  1. The visual bug when skipping tracks in the volume control dialog.
  2. The visual bug when returning to the apps list upon exiting an app (the background is no longer opaque).
  3. The screen is still blinking (turning black for a second or so) randomly throughout the day.
  4. Screen tearing when scrolling around the interface, makes everything look very broken.
  5. The alarm sounds sometimes play distorted, not all the time, snoozing fixes it most times.
  6. Rich Capture still fails (it never finishes processing and the resulting image is 720p resolution) when saving photos to an SD card, or when Living Images is enabled.
  7. Mobile Data sometimes dies and cannot be enabled until a soft reset.
  8. System apps (phone, messaging, photos, camera...etc) still crash randomly when trying to do simple things, like dial a number.
  9. Checking an app in 'Battery Saver' and then returning to the list of apps using the battery (still within 'Battery Saver') brings back a list full of duplicate entries, with some apps missing. Exiting and returning to 'Battery Saver' fixes the issue.
  10. Quiet hours doesn't switch on automatically when it is meant to, sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't bother.

My Lumia 550 also still has the same issues (apart from 3, 4 and 6).

I can't imagine Windows 10 Mobile every being ready for older devices, there are just way too many regressions and bugs at this stage. Maybe in 5-6 months it will be ready for the masses.

peterrey

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an "older" device, a Lumia 1520 and have not had any these problems, all upgrades to Win 10 have gone smoothly and been remarkably bug free.☺

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an "older" device, a Lumia 1520 and have not had any these problems, all upgrades to Win 10 have gone smoothly and been remarkably bug free.☺

I also own an 'older' device. A 1320. I have not had any issues with upgrade, phone, data, text or screen flash. Cortana is still a basket case, compared to the beta on 8.1. My 930 has also updated without issues. It now runs much cooler on 107. Again, no issues with phone erc or other connectivity.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Right so the horrific wifi performance on the 950s was once again missed...nice job MS

WiFi on my sons 950 has never been an issue, either on 2.4ghz or 5ghz. Updated and picked it up straight away and has remained connected ever since. Gets in from school and it logs in automatically.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having the issue screen not turning back on after you end a phone call? I didn't have this on the previous build. now once i finish a phone call and take the phone away from ear the screen takes time or not switches on to end the call...
Lumia 640 - W10 mobile .107

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Another issue that's been there for a few builds now is that the background is normally dimmed/darker when browsing the app list, but if you start an app then go back to the app list, the background image is no longer dimmed/darker, but is displayed in full glory/brightness. Minor issue, but strange that this hasn't been fixed, it would appear quite simple on the face of it, but maybe is more complex underneath...
I always check this after every new build...alway same... hate this bug.
L1520

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No messaging tone, and messaging is not in the list of apps under "manage app sounds". Am I missing something, feel stupid asking as I can normally work out most things myself.

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding that Glance Screen on my 1020 no longer works, since updating. I've tried a hard reset and restore from back up with no luck :(

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My alarm didn't go off this morning to wake me up. I woke up 1 minute early because I heard my son in the baby monitor, and I laid there awake for 8 more minutes. Then to test it, I changed the time so it would go off in 30 more minutes, and it failed again.

This is a new issue on my Icon since installing .107 yesterday. I've done a soft reset but haven't tested it again.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My alarm didn't go off this morning to wake me up. I woke up 1 minute early because I heard my son in the baby monitor, and I laid there awake for 8 more minutes. Then to test it, I changed the time so it would go off in 30 more minutes, and it failed again.

This is a new issue on my Icon since installing .107 yesterday. I've done a soft reset but haven't tested it again.

I had a similar issue on my 1520 after .63. I had to eventually hard reset and it fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99