Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The list is blank after a hard reset, items start showing up there gradually.

Even for the "messaging" app?

I would have thought this would have been in the list always and forever. I missed several text messages this morning due to no alerts, and still have no way of specifying an alert/sound for this function.

I didn't have this in previous builds.

Just noticed that WhatsApp isn't in the list either!!! No notification sounds from either of my primary communication tools, this is not acceptable.

And another bug, the clicking noise that happens as I type just stopped half way through typing a message in WhatsApp, the text went in ok, but the clicky noise stopped.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Issues from .71 seem fixed for me. Battery drain isn't as bad. Apps aren't crashing ,and phone seems to run quicker. I wonder if issues people get are due to the update process being messed up not the actual builds. Maybe why there is a huge disparity with what works for some and not others. .63 was great for me. .71 messed things up and now they are even better. Glad word flow has improved too. It was a disaster last two builds

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
anyone having office mobile installation problems?? I uninstalled before the update download to free up some space and when the update finished installing I couldn't reinstall it from the store (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and getting error code 0x80240024

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
On top of the other rather critical issues I reported earlier, the haptic feedback has now stopped functioning as well when I press the home, back and search buttons. The build is the worst by far for me. Never had issues as bad as these on previous builds. No sounds for sms and whatsapp, neither of these apps are in the list, so can't assign sounds to them. And now the vibrate/haptic feedback has failed too. Did a hard reset after the update too, so shouldn't be having these issues!

Update: never mind, after a couple of reboots, the notification sounds are working and the haptic feedback is working again too. Messaging and WhatsApp have now both appeared in the "Notifications and Actions" list after not being there earlier. Weird, but at least it seems to be sorting itself out now.

ikecr

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
24 hours since update... nothing on the improvements or bugs fixes side...
BT is still awful and hard to connect to some devices.
Battery life is still "meh" (even tough I've changed for a new one)
When answering a call, screen goes black and have to hit twice to power button in order to "show" the screen again... sensor acts weird...
I have a Lumia 930...gold edition international unlocked
My wife's 930 has FM radio issues (can't event install Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn) Movistar (Telefonica) Latam edition... on WP 8.1 everything worked fine... just updated last build and hard reset, but problems continue, hope this one fixes this!
BT is also awful
Battery is great (believe me)...
And yes...all these rants have gone to MS Feedback app (I'm pretty sure they read all, don't care at all)
So no getting started talking about the awful groove, mail, and other parts of the OS...
Is this suppose to win over us fans? Don't think so, in the company I work for, just started changing smartphones... for Android ones (as Microsoft doesn't really care and accepted defeat with WP) so no W10 smartphones either (new Lumias are way to pricey, and the still we don't know if there's a chance new models arrive in time) this is the grim and sour state of WP fans always hoping MS change their minds and deliver a great product, not a half baked effort...

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Most of the settings under my "Extras" section disappeared on this build . I'm using a 1520 and on .71 I had about 10 settings in the Extras list but on .107 I only had 4. I was able to download glance, motion, display and touch from the store. They were in my "library".

windobuddies625

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Most of the settings under my "Extras" section disappeared on this build . I'm using a 1520 and on .71 I had about 10 settings in the Extras list but on .107 I only had 4. I was able to download glance, motion, display and touch from the store. They were in my "library".

Try getting them from the "sys app pusher" app in the store

PatmanSeven

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the 928. I noticed it was noticeably snappier when I first used it this morning, without knowing there had been an update. So, as much as it pains me to say it, put me in the "seems faster" column. Wow, can't believe I just did that. Commence firing!

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Please please some one help..my cortana is crashing for the last couple of builds..microphone is not switching on..nor does the dictate text option..

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey...

I just got another 950XL since the one I originally got on release day (and ranted about in detail here several times) seemed overpriced, cheaply made (back cover), felt nothing like a flagship and was buggy as all get out.

The one I got here yesterday (for far, far less money than $700 after taxes), knowing what I know now, I simply took it out of it's box, plugged it into my PC, ran the Lumia recovery tool, and updated the firmware and OS that way before I so much as turned it on. Then on setup I restored my backup from Lumia 1520 / Win 10 .71

Doing it this way, the phone has been stable and seems to be slowly getting back my text messages (another touchy point for me - what the hell is wrong with just hitting BACKUP and then RESTORING them? From one drive, manually, so I know its fu****n working?? The backup+contacts app freezes and quits if you have many messages)

Anyway, since the phone seems stable and I have not seen too many bugs, should I bother going Fast insider with it or just wait for the releases?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed considerable improvements in performance, not that it was horrible, it is has def smoothed out some of the kinks specially when going from screen to screen or going from notifications to emails/txts. That still can use a bit more love but its def headed in the right direction. Normally I do hard resets after each new build load, but this time I have decided not to do so and so far, not regretting that decision.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
MMS group/images still not working after suddenly quit working in .71. I suppose a hard reset is in my future. :/

First time use of Groove was a disaster. Initially would not play any of my music. Later started working.

Last edited:

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
#4 Report Post

Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Awesome update

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
#4 Report Post

Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Awesome update

The most unuseful comment till now. How you can say they killed your card? Did you checked it in a laptop sd reader? C'mon, !!!

PS Month, week, day view is still there, you have just to select it. Don't give MS culprit for something you aren't able to use...

pandhersaab27

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey...

I just got another 950XL since the one I originally got on release day (and ranted about in detail here several times) seemed overpriced, cheaply made (back cover), felt nothing like a flagship and was buggy as all get out.

The one I got here yesterday (for far, far less money than $700 after taxes), knowing what I know now, I simply took it out of it's box, plugged it into my PC, ran the Lumia recovery tool, and updated the firmware and OS that way before I so much as turned it on. Then on setup I restored my backup from Lumia 1520 / Win 10 .71

Doing it this way, the phone has been stable and seems to be slowly getting back my text messages (another touchy point for me - what the hell is wrong with just hitting BACKUP and then RESTORING them? From one drive, manually, so I know its fu****n working?? The backup+contacts app freezes and quits if you have many messages)

Anyway, since the phone seems stable and I have not seen too many bugs, should I bother going Fast insider with it or just wait for the releases?

Any help would be appreciated.

Do not go for fast ring in 950xl, no improvements but battery life is worse than 10586.71.
So you can get 10586.71 from slow ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077