Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
No downloading/installing properly for me. Started the download, all ok, went back to check it about 5 mins later, no indication I ever started an update. Go back into settings, tap phone update and end up with the picture below, won't open "phone update", bar just goes grey. Phone is unresponsive to many touches but does eventually go back to the start screen, but update is not happening it would seem.

View attachment 122043

Now restarted the phone, and it says there was a problem downloading the updates, trying again now, download currently at 93%.

Will update this post with my progress.

Cogs now, about 60% of the way through.

The insider configuration seems to messed up, It almost 2.5 GB of my DATA when the download said it was 806.60 MB only. :( because first it said there is configuration and build update , then it started downloading the update only, moment later i saw it was configuration too, it kept coming an going, so i thing it downloaded the updated more than once on my L 1520 :(

oldgreygeek

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I must just be lucky? I installed yesterdays update successfully on my Lumia 1020, and my Lumia 950xl with no issues whatever. Both phones work fine.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
@pandhersaab27

It doesn't even have .71 ... it has .29 as I never re-entered the preview, and my question was really asking if it was worth it. What do you think of it that way?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an "older" device, a Lumia 1520 and have not had any these problems, all upgrades to Win 10 have gone smoothly and been remarkably bug free.☺

That's simply because the 1520 is the KING of the W8.1 phones. Hands down. Still an amazing phone. And this is coming from a 950XL fan. (Sold the XL last night for the price of a new 950. I am caving into the desire for a Single Sim just to see if my theory of better LTE signal strength is true)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I just realized that edge loads pages super fast. And things have been really zippy. I wish I could get the latest firmware to see if that combo is even better.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Release the damn official already!!!!

What are you talking about? Windows 10 was released last year. It was released as a Service which means there are continuous updates to improve the OS and UI. You are getting previews of the upcoming updates. If you want the Latest General User release get out of the Insider program.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Installed the update on my AT&T L830 last night. Took around 45 minutes and maybe drained 10% battery in the process. No noticeable issues so far. Battery life is very good today but then again I've had no major battery drain issues the past 3-4 builds. Looking forward to the next big non-cumulative build update and hopefully some new features! :asleep:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What are you talking about? Windows 10 was released last year. It was released as a Service which means there are continuous updates to improve the OS and UI. You are getting previews of the upcoming updates. If you want the Latest General User release get out of the Insider program.

Don't feed the t**oll... and maybe report him ;)

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a small difference in transitions as well. I am using a Lumia Icon, and the battery life improvement really has me excited. My battery has only drained from use so far, with it usually being about 5-10% less than what it is now. I almost don't want another build from here unless it improves the app list transparency issue and the keyboard being invisible on the lock screen (when there is a pin code).

Something weird to note: I am on the Release Preview (the new category) on the Insider app. I checked for updates after installing .107 yesterday and nothing. When I get into work this morning I get a notification that I need to restart my phone for an update to install. It turns out that, even though my phone said up-to-date yesterday with .107, this morning it installed the Configuration update. Weird...

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I just realized that edge loads pages super fast. And things have been really zippy. I wish I could get the latest firmware to see if that combo is even better.
Keep using Edge, you will see what happens.. Once tabs keep loading on background or some other BS, will stop loading pages, just like before.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so yesterday I decided it was time to finally upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile with my Lumia 640. I went for the Release Preview ring but got an error (it downloaded, but couldn't open). So I went for the Slow ring instead and successfully upgraded to .71. Today I switched to the Release Preview ring and checked for updates and now it downloads .107. Is this normal? I thought .107 is for the Fast ring only for now?

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey...

I just got another 950XL since the one I originally got on release day (and ranted about in detail here several times) seemed overpriced, cheaply made (back cover), felt nothing like a flagship and was buggy as all get out.

The one I got here yesterday (for far, far less money than $700 after taxes), knowing what I know now, I simply took it out of it's box, plugged it into my PC, ran the Lumia recovery tool, and updated the firmware and OS that way before I so much as turned it on. Then on setup I restored my backup from Lumia 1520 / Win 10 .71

Doing it this way, the phone has been stable and seems to be slowly getting back my text messages (another touchy point for me - what the hell is wrong with just hitting BACKUP and then RESTORING them? From one drive, manually, so I know its fu****n working?? The backup+contacts app freezes and quits if you have many messages)

Anyway, since the phone seems stable and I have not seen too many bugs, should I bother going Fast insider with it or just wait for the releases?

Any help would be appreciated.

After reading your post, I'd recommend that you do not go Fast Insider. I'd let others and myself be the guinea pigs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786