Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Most of the settings under my "Extras" section disappeared on this build . I'm using a 1520 and on .71 I had about 10 settings in the Extras list but on .107 I only had 4. I was able to download glance, motion, display and touch from the store. They were in my "library".

Not something consistent across all 1520's. After the update my 1520 has 13 selections under Extras.
Hope you find the solution.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's kind of like your shocks wearing out on your car\truck. (only in reverse)
They deteriorate a little everyday and you don't realize how much until you get in your car to leave the shop after getting new ones. The very first bumps you see with your eyes shockingly do not transmit the expected sensation to your butt. You suddenly realize how BIG the improvement is!

I think you can say the same thing about the latest builds. We lunatics that load every single release onto every imaginable device have been down a looong road of load and test drive. Load and test drive. And the focus is on the what is STILL wrong.

All of that is ok. It is why we do this. But I suddenly realized that today I have grabbed a 640, 1520, 950XL (Not mine) all running 107 and I wasn't testing them. I was deploying them to employees and simply configuring various apps for them. ALL of the phones work smoothly and the carriers of each will not have the slightest clue of what they missed over the last few months. (the bumpy ride of W10M development)

It's true that there is still "a list". But the progress shouldn't go unmentioned. My phone(s) is a delightful daily driver now. (And getting better every build. For now on)

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Some issues I still experience.

- When Cortana interrupts Groove music, Groove stops playing entirely. Need to restart Groove playback.

- Hey Cortana still sporadic response

More testing need yo see if there are any other issues. Like mobile hotspot

mdvision

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
L830 here. 107 from 71 installed last night and while too soon to notice battery use it appears to be no worse on first impression. With light to medium use I am able to go 1.5 to 2 days on a full charge currently. Last 3 builds for me have been great. All key features and settings working without issue. Phone is reasonably quick for the mid range SOC on the L830 IMO. I have sympathy for those having issues on their phones especially for those on the new 950 series. My personal experience with the current Win 10 Mobile is pretty much complaint free with communication core apps meeting my needs.

The one feature I'd really like to see is a history component in the people hub showing me the activity and messaging for a contact for quick reference and lookup. That is the biggest feature I miss from 8.1.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
- Edge is still major crap
- App list transparency bug still there
- Phone unlocks slow
- Much loading and resuming
- Can't use toggles when phone is locked..why??
- some apps have no icon in the app list
- workflow often doesn't work or really slow, especially in Edge
- still can't easily select parts of an url in edge

I think Edge will suck for a long time to come. I find its development really slow.

MoeJ

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Installed it this morning on my 928.
It is faster. I don't think it's as good as 8.1 was earlier in January before I updated, but a big improvement to my phone since the previous build.
I can go from the notification center to a text message or email now. It used to sit resuming until the screen went dark. It was better to go to the start screen and open the app.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
That's simply because the 1520 is the KING of the W8.1 phones. Hands down. Still an amazing phone. And this is coming from a 950XL fan. (Sold the XL last night for the price of a new 950. I am caving into the desire for a Single Sim just to see if my theory of better LTE signal strength is true)

So why didn't you order a single sim 950XL off Amazon or ebay for $505 shipped to your door total? It's international single sim.

enduracell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything different on my Lumia 830.

Things that still annoy me daily:
  1. The visual bug when skipping tracks in the volume control dialog.
  2. The visual bug when returning to the apps list upon exiting an app (the background is no longer opaque).
  3. The screen is still blinking (turning black for a second or so) randomly throughout the day.
  4. Screen tearing when scrolling around the interface, makes everything look very broken.
  5. The alarm sounds sometimes play distorted, not all the time, snoozing fixes it most times.
  6. Rich Capture still fails (it never finishes processing and the resulting image is 720p resolution) when saving photos to an SD card, or when Living Images is enabled.
  7. Mobile Data sometimes dies and cannot be enabled until a soft reset.
  8. System apps (phone, messaging, photos, camera...etc) still crash randomly when trying to do simple things, like dial a number.
  9. Checking an app in 'Battery Saver' and then returning to the list of apps using the battery (still within 'Battery Saver') brings back a list full of duplicate entries, with some apps missing. Exiting and returning to 'Battery Saver' fixes the issue.
  10. Quiet hours doesn't switch on automatically when it is meant to, sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't bother.

My Lumia 550 also still has the same issues (apart from 3, 4 and 6).

I can't imagine Windows 10 Mobile every being ready for older devices, there are just way too many regressions and bugs at this stage. Maybe in 5-6 months it will be ready for the masses.

I have the same issues on my 830 (1,2,3,4 &8). My old 920 and my wife's 950 doesn't, so I assume it needs firmware update (driver's fix).

Last edited:

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone install from 8.1 with no reset?

i did!from 8.1 to .63 then to.71 and now to .107
everything works fine here,i have a Lumia 730...the only bug i have is when you change the tiles position or their size the start screen becomes slow,like a frame loss...no rebooting,no turning off,no heat...every app running as it should...almost perfect!

oh,and my battery is lasting alomost like 8.1...1.5 to 2.5 days...but the charging time is bigger now,when in 8.1 from 5% to 100% in about 2h...now is 3...3.5 h..

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Keep using Edge, you will see what happens.. Once tabs keep loading on background or some other BS, will stop loading pages, just like before.

Hasn't happened to me yet. I was goign through a wallpaper site and opening all the ones I like in new tabs to save later. I had over 10 tabs with no issues. Granted i'm on a 950xl, maybe lower performing devices may not be able to handle it.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So why didn't you order a single sim 950XL off Amazon or ebay for $505 shipped to your door total? It's international single sim.

Good question and I did consider it. (I love BIG phones, even though at one time I didn't think that was possible)
But since I'm going to primarily use it with a corporate AT&T Sim anyways, and any return issue (IS quite possible with these things) would be easily handled with the Premiere account. I went the prudent route.

I should note that the only area I felt the 950XL was a 1520-crusher was Continuum. I love and use it so much that I would buy the 950's JUST for that reason. And in Continuum, the smaller size of the 950 vs XL is moot.

Back on topic.....................
I've fiddled with the 1520 all day on .107
It's really a sweet package. Imagine if an optimizing firmware comes down the pipe later? :)

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
i did!from 8.1 to .63 then to.71 and now to .107
everything works fine here,i have a Lumia 730...the only bug i have is when you change the tiles position or their size the start screen becomes slow,like a frame loss...no rebooting,no turning off,no heat...every app running as it should...almost perfect!

oh,and my battery is lasting alomost like 8.1...1.5 to 2.5 days...but the charging time is bigger now,when in 8.1 from 5% to 100% in about 2h...now is 3...3.5 h..
So should I do it? Got a 640.. They just pushed to slow.....

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went yesterday from 8.1 to .71 and today to .107 with my 640 without reset. So far haven't come across any major problems, but it might be early to tell.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I went yesterday from 8.1 to .71 and today to .107 with my 640 without reset. So far haven't come across any major problems, but it might be early to tell.
Hey, thanks that's the first reply I've ever got regarding this! Do you think it'll be a risk in terms of bricking the phone?

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't know, but at least Microsoft thinks that risk is low. Otherwise they wouldn't push the update that fast to all the insiders. Also I suppose that if you don't restore from a backup less things can go wrong. If something goes wrong there's the recovery tool. About bricking the phone, I wouldn't know but I guess there's always a small chance that it might go totally wrong? Anyway, I did this update on my daily driver.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Don't know, but at least Microsoft thinks that risk is low. Otherwise they wouldn't push the update that fast to all the insiders. Also I suppose that if you don't restore from a backup less things can go wrong. If something goes wrong there's the recovery tool. About bricking the phone, I wouldn't know but I guess there's always a small chance that it might go totally wrong? Anyway, I did this update on my daily driver.

Well it's also this predicament we are in where the update is supposedly around the corner... But you don't know how long you'll have to wait. I'll only update if it'll run well with all my stuff transferred from 8.1...

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My L1020 automatically picked up .107 update and installed it 2 days ago. When I noticed it, it just asked to reboot. Once the phone is back running, it seems a little shaky for some apps so I made a hard reset today.

Surprisingly, the Mobile Hotspot dropping connection when screen goes locked problem seems resolved. I have been using it for about 15 minutes so far, with the screen on and off a few times. The connection is pretty stable and strong. It's one of the major issues for me especially when I am on the road. Glad I can put it behind.

Now, the problems is about wi-fi and bluetooth connections. For some wi-fi network, everything is fine. For others, it might not connect at all or connect but no internet. Tried to pair the phone with my MB E350 multiple times but all failed. Not sure which end caused problem...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon