Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
WiFi on my sons 950 has never been an issue, either on 2.4ghz or 5ghz. Updated and picked it up straight away and has remained connected ever since. Gets in from school and it logs in automatically.

I was talking about wifi performance in speed. Compare it on the same network, on a speedy one, with another device: android and iphone. you'll see what I'm saying here...

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't play major games. Just a few time wasters. This or That, Red Herring and King Oddball to pass the time. I use Edge browser. Some facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, phone calls and texting. Of course Cortana. Not much video although I do catch one on occasion. I couldn't get this prior to this last build though.

Ah cool, thanks! Sigh, mine is just bad. I am reverting back to W8.1. One (1) day is just not acceptable for a phone (1520) with a massive battery.

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't play major games. Just a few time wasters. This or That, Red Herring and King Oddball to pass the time. I use Edge browser. Some facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, phone calls and texting. Of course Cortana. Not much video although I do catch one on occasion. I couldn't get this prior to this last build though.

Ah ok. Well I just couldn't stand it anymore - I am reverting back to W8.1. Overall W10 mobile is great but right now, for me, it is marred by bad battery life on the 1520.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
OK, first thing i've noticed is that the stock flashlight from the shortcuts doesn't work ? anyone has the same issue? Here L640...

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is seriously testing people's patience with their Windows 10 Mobile.

Anyway, is anyone here using the Lumia 920 with W10M? I have version 10586.29 (public release) and I am unable to use Glance. As soon as it is launched from settings, it crashes. Also, I am having camera launch error after doing a Skype video call. Any changes with this build?

Last edited:

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had a pretty easy time of it up to now, but had some issues with this build on my 925 thus far.

Upgraded on Wednesday night, phone left on wireless charger overnight and was flat by lunchtime yesterday. Then this morning I had 2 text messages from my provider, once telling me I had 20% of my data allowance left at 3:40am then another at 6:40am telling me it was gone. System has used 274mb.

I also don't have my historical text messages so far.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Something that is massively better in this build is, sending attachments via "Outlook Mail", it now clears the Outlook logo very quickly and sends it in the background. Previously it took ages to get past this stage, and you were stuck staring at the blue Outlook screen while it sent. Also, it now has text on screen telling you what it's doing i.e. sending mail (albeit very briefly now).

A very nice improvement!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Something that would be useful (to me at least) would be to have a separate volume for Cortana. I have my volume all the way down for apps a lot of the time, which means if I want to ask Cortana anything, I don't hear the response because the app volume is zero. A volume control for Cortana would be a great addition.

arcitekt

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
It took about 3 hours to get the .107 OS Build to be downloaded. Lots of 0% progress over 2 hours. One must be connected to Wi-Fi not Cell data and should be plugged in for the update. When the download page means to reschedule restart at 3:30am they mean it. Being impatient, I attempted restarting at the end of the download at least 3 different times just leads you back to the same restart screen on the Windows update page. You must also be a Windows Insider in the Production lane, because I received the same reboot "gears" on the new firmware update. For us in the USA on AT&T network the firmware is 01078.00027.15506.02005.

Apparently others have been complaining about not getting the update, but MS has responded that there over 180 variants of the new firmware because it is carrier and country dependent.

So far the battery life seems to be the same. Using the Waze app last night, it consumes 20% battery for each 1/2 hour of use. The phone seems to be getting much hotter than before and of course the same slow 4g LTE downloads on the AT&T network.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
One thing I like about this build is, when using Cortana and you hit "enter" after finishing what you say, it actually stops now; before, the enter button was useles. No matter how many times I would hit it to end the recording of my speech, it would just keep parsing and translating. Now, when I hit the button it stops immediately.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
It took about 3 hours to get the .107 OS Build to be downloaded. Lots of 0% progress over 2 hours. One must be connected to Wi-Fi not Cell data and should be plugged in for the update. When the download page means to reschedule restart at 3:30am they mean it. Being impatient, I attempted restarting at the end of the download at least 3 different times just leads you back to the same restart screen on the Windows update page. You must also be a Windows Insider in the Production lane, because I received the same reboot "gears" on the new firmware update. For us in the USA on AT&T network the firmware is 01078.00027.15506.02005.

Apparently others have been complaining about not getting the update, but MS has responded that there over 180 variants of the new firmware because it is carrier and country dependent.

So far the battery life seems to be the same. Using the Waze app last night, it consumes 20% battery for each 1/2 hour of use. The phone seems to be getting much hotter than before and of course the same slow 4g LTE downloads on the AT&T network.

Mine is not that version and I have a Lumia 950XL on AT&T (international single sim version).

My firmware is the following:

When I got the phone the other day, I hooked it right into my PC and did a Windows Phone Recovery on it to get the newest OS and firmware available. Then, on the first boot, I restored my backup. Worked out quite well, the phone has been damn stable and nearly the same battery life as my prized Lumia 1520. MUCH better than my last go around in November with a release model.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah cool, thanks! Sigh, mine is just bad. I am reverting back to W8.1. One (1) day is just not acceptable for a phone (1520) with a massive battery.
Do what you gotta do but I have to tell you, once you've had W10m, stepping back is going to feel like Windows 98 before the service pack. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb