Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Battery life has been fantastic for me. With light usage I've gone 26 hours without charging and am on 13 percent. I'm happy with that :)

Eh. Mine is about 24hrs from full charge. My 1520 in W8.1 can last for 2-3 days with my typical usage. It's quite abysmal especially now that I turned off most of the apps in the background and other stuff and still get a day's worth of battery life.

BTW I have not reverted back to W8.1 as I said before - had trouble with connectivity.

Anish Sankhe

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
That's a day + time + timezone error. Disable Auto in Clock settings and set it manually, don't forget timezone, and retry.
Someone seems resolved by putting back the date 1 week

I'm getting this error code just for one app every other app is downloading and getting installed. What should I do? Help

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

build 10586.107 on Lumia 1520 (Philippine variant), update straight from 8.1

1. Update was smooth, and it took about 40 mins to complete the process.
2. However, the messaging app is not working. Messages would not load, cant send or receive text.
3. People hub, likewise, is not loading the contacts
4. Tried to find a fix- updated all apps, then receive another round of update (a patch probably), then performed a soft reset.
5. The problem was not resolved, so I have no other choice but to do a hard reset.
6. Hard reset took only 15 mins, but restoration from back-up point took a while.
7. Messaging app is now working fine, from the back-up I was able to restore Lumia Camera, Lumia Camera Beta, LCS, and LCS beta. I also have the revamped Windows Camera.
8. I lost my BPI App
9. SMS messages was not completely restored (yet as of this writing)
10. Contacts not yet completely restored as of this writing
11. Contacts sync to Facebook not completing
12. Twitter contact sync took some time.
13. Edge browser is fast compare to Explorer
10. No crashes from the apps I used so far
11. Wifi will disconnect, w/ no apparent reason
12. The interface is better, than 8.1
13. Have not thoroughly tested the camera, but rich capture works, if you'll use any of the Lumia Camera.
14 Facebook beta is better in W10 than in 8.1.
15. There is serious heating issue
16. Stand-by discharging rate is 3-5%; when I begin to receive updates via notification and started browsing, discharge rate jumps to 15-22%.
17. Battery died in 8 hours (used to take 1 1/2 day for heavy use and 2-3 days for moderate use)
18. Using a powerbank is pointless, because the discharging rate (15%) is faster than the charging rate of 6% (2.1A output).
19. Charging thru an electrical outlet also takes some time. On the same charger under 8.1 charging rate of 20-25%/ hour. Under W10, you have to enable airport mode to achieve a 16% per hour charging rate.

Anyway, this is only the first day, will observe performance first and decide if I will revert to 8.1 after a week of use.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
anyone else see that from the action tiles, click and hold on bluetooth does not bring up bluetooth screen?
on Lumia Icon now (was on L928 previously with prior .71 and I know it was working with that build on that device).
did not try this before updating to .107 so cant say for sure if this is device specific.

wifi click and hold works just fine and brings you to the wifi screen, just dont have that same behavior with bluetooth now for some reason.

anyone else confirm same on there device?
Its working on the 925, but twice now has happened where long press it will lock the phone, 2 button reset required. something fishy with that command.

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My .107 update fixed my mmc problem... I wasn't getting photo messaging either in or out... on .71 this seems to be fixed.

Some apps are still having problems connecting to phone data though... I'm looking squarely at you, GasBuddy...

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting here as I have a 950 branded AT&T device--->Windows Insider Production Ring:

Update-->Firmware: 01078.00017.15454.xxxx

I think I speak for those of us who know what we are doing, that we wish the Windows Device Recovery Tool had the latest Firmware available for whatever device we plug in.

Whether approved by the carrier or not (AT&T for example), if MS feels a firmware is solid enough for submission, having to wait on the carrier to drag their feet for weeks, or maybe even months, while we sit here with buggy devices is worth the slight risk to many.

That said, this is a small start but anyone who wants the best experience will wipe their device after a major build/firmware update anyway hence the importance of foJcusing more on making the latest updates available on the WDRT.

Yes indeed....well said! Presently on a AT&T branded 950, I have firmware: 01078.00017.15454.xxxx, now completely understanding that AT&T has to 'do-their-QA-testing...there have been two updated firmware files:

Dec. 2015---Firmware 01078.00027.15506.020xx

01078.00027.15506.020xx firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:
•Stability and performance improvements.
•Improvements for SD memory card support.
•Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
•Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
•Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.

Jan. 2016---Firmware 01078.00038.16025.390xx

01078.00038.16025.390xx firmware update for Lumia 950/950 XL. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:
•Stability fixes.
•Improvements for GPS reliability.
•Improvements for call audio quality.

I just hope that we can get these very important recent firmware updates soooooon.....

Last edited:

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, this update sucks. It has dropped my already dismal battery life from 6hrs to 5hrs. And the performance is MUCH slower. Wifi now appears to be inconsistent. What a disaster.

Really? It seemed to have improved (slightly) for me. It must be hard being Microsoft with people's differing experiences.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think some ppl are crazy. My 1520 has been performing the same since many updates ago. Battery life has still been stellar and performance has improved slightly after every update. I really don't believe all of these battery claims.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, this update sucks. It has dropped my already dismal battery life from 6hrs to 5hrs. And the performance is MUCH slower. Wifi now appears to be inconsistent. What a disaster.

One of most unuseful comment in forum. Anymore info? Phone? Installed apps? The most people here ha got improvement, give us more info instead shoutin and weenin , please

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that many people do not know how to properly configure their phone. You see the same thing with Android users. They complain about performance and battery life because they think you can just power it up, download 50 apps and use it.

mslogjr

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
People have different phones with different set-ups. My HTC One M8, for example, gets really hot randomly even when its just sitting there.

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I think some ppl are crazy. My 1520 has been performing the same since many updates ago. Battery life has still been stellar and performance has improved slightly after every update. I really don't believe all of these battery claims.

So what's your battery performance and what's your usage. In previous posts I said I mostly use Edge. I also turned off most settings: NFC, bluetooth, misc background apps. Still I get only 1-day battery life. In W8.1, I get about 2-3 days with the same settings and usage. But of course I used IE back then. You lose ~50% of your battery life on W10 is quite bad.

mgkole

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Does enyone else recieves an error message trying to update? I've tried dozen times installing the update on my Lumia 640DS and it always gives me the same error message.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
You probably tried it when phone connected to the charger or PC? Unfortunately it does not work in this situation, and I don't know why, but once disconnected Flashlight works like a charm.

That's exactly what I did! Thanks for your advice, so it seems that now everything works for me again... Really, L640 + w10m is the best choice when considering value for money buy.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte