Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Running on two 925s.

So far the only difference from the previous versions is that on one of the phones Glance doesn't work!

Solved the problem with glance by resetting to 8.1 and then Updating - took some time but it worked.

Now I have a problem with the Outlook Calendar.
On one 925 I use Office 365 - everything works fine, including the lockscreen
On the other I have outlook.com and the calendar app stats on different days each time but never on "today". As a result appointments are not showing up properly on the lockscreen

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft is seriously testing people's patience with their Windows 10 Mobile.

Anyway, is anyone here using the Lumia 920 with W10M? I have version 10586.29 (public release) and I am unable to use Glance. As soon as it is launched from settings, it crashes. Also, I am having camera launch error after doing a Skype video call. Any changes with this build?

Had this problem with a 925.

The only way I could resolve it was to restore 8.1 and then update to 10 again. Worked fien, but took a fair time!

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant battery life for me on my 735 :)

8wurGvH.png

Dutus

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Downloaded it to my Nokia 830 yesterday. All went pretty smoothly. The phone had been stuck on an earlier build of 10 Mobile, but using the software recovery tool got it back to 8.1. Update 2 and then 10586.107 installed painlessly.
Seems to be running pretty smoothly at the moment with no horrors. Battery life seems ok and everything seems pretty responsive. I will however keep my daily driver (Lumia 640 dual sim) on 8.1 for the time being.
One of the best things I like about 10 is the support for FLAC audio files - as a music lover, this is very important to me as I rip cds etc to FLAC.
I also like the way that Skype messages now also appear in your messaging folder.
Will come back with any issues if they arrive.

NSS_nl1320

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Anybody on L1320? Why i find so few L1320 reviews in WPcentral. It feels kind a sad.

However, i have L1320 and update to .107 is more or less good in terms of battery performance and other OS based nitty gritties......everything is smooth on my L1320. BUT, what is my main problem is that my STORE shows 4 apps to update naming Help Support, Equaliser, ..... but fails to update it. On clicking error it says it needs to install on phone memory and when i give permission it STILL fails to install.
This isuue i am facing since last 3 WP updates and is resolved.
I know this may be solved by hard reset but i am kind of not want to use that option as i will have to configure a lot to get my fone to its present status. So anybody has any idea what to do.

Also, as the builds are progressing ahead.....what i found is my L1320 is freezing a lot more frequently.....i mean i dont know why. Also its phone memory is almost exhausten. OS takes something around 5GB of space. How do i clear this without hard reset.

Lastly, why my outlook contacts are repeated? My phone shows Outlook and Outlook1 under people while i have configure only one outlook account and when i see my contacts online i only see one. So how do i resolve this problem.

Thanks & regards,
NSS.

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Anybody on L1320? Why i find so few L1320 reviews in WPcentral. It feels kind a sad.

However, i have L1320 and update to .107 is more or less good in terms of battery performance and other OS based nitty gritties......everything is smooth on my L1320. BUT, what is my main problem is that my STORE shows 4 apps to update naming Help Support, Equaliser, ..... but fails to update it. On clicking error it says it needs to install on phone memory and when i give permission it STILL fails to install.
This isuue i am facing since last 3 WP updates and is resolved.
I know this may be solved by hard reset but i am kind of not want to use that option as i will have to configure a lot to get my fone to its present status. So anybody has any idea what to do.

Also, as the builds are progressing ahead.....what i found is my L1320 is freezing a lot more frequently.....i mean i dont know why. Also its phone memory is almost exhausten. OS takes something around 5GB of space. How do i clear this without hard reset.

Lastly, why my outlook contacts are repeated? My phone shows Outlook and Outlook1 under people while i have configure only one outlook account and when i see my contacts online i only see one. So how do i resolve this problem.

Thanks & regards,
NSS.

Not sure about your other issues, but your stuck apps are easily fixed. It happened to me and I sorted it out a few days ago :)

Go to "Storage" in settings and find the offending apps on your SD card. Because they're system apps they shouldn't really even be here, and its confusing the system when its trying to update them. Move them back to your phone's internal storage, and wait a few minutes to make sure they've been transfered.

Then open the store and try update them again :)

You can also use the storage options to track down what's using your space. If you're lucky it could be temp files within system and Windows will let you delete them.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything different on my Lumia 830.

Things that still annoy me daily:
  1. The visual bug when skipping tracks in the volume control dialog.
  2. The visual bug when returning to the apps list upon exiting an app (the background is no longer opaque).
  3. The screen is still blinking (turning black for a second or so) randomly throughout the day.
  4. Screen tearing when scrolling around the interface, makes everything look very broken.
  5. The alarm sounds sometimes play distorted, not all the time, snoozing fixes it most times.
  6. Rich Capture still fails (it never finishes processing and the resulting image is 720p resolution) when saving photos to an SD card, or when Living Images is enabled.
  7. Mobile Data sometimes dies and cannot be enabled until a soft reset.
  8. System apps (phone, messaging, photos, camera...etc) still crash randomly when trying to do simple things, like dial a number.
  9. Checking an app in 'Battery Saver' and then returning to the list of apps using the battery (still within 'Battery Saver') brings back a list full of duplicate entries, with some apps missing. Exiting and returning to 'Battery Saver' fixes the issue.
  10. Quiet hours doesn't switch on automatically when it is meant to, sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't bother.

#3 on your 830...did that happen with 8.1?

I got my wife an 830 and upgraded it to win mobile 10 and have the same issue. Never ran it in 8.1 long enough to notice. Just ordered her a new battery thinking that was the issue since it was off eBay.

She really likes the phone but that annoys her. Just confirming it's a windows 10 thing and hopefully ms fixes it.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
jeez I would love battery life like that, mine was taken off charge at 7.05 am and after a few emails, a bit of browsing on edge and looking at my hikvison cctv app its at 73% and saying that it has 11horus 29mins left. showing the average discharging rate at 7.84% .

Don't let anyone fool you, these battery "kings" turn off features that artificially inflate battery life, defeating the purpose of having an All in one smart phone.

The techs at the MS store readily admit battery life is terrible on W10 mobile (which has been beta for more than a year!). They also say returns are very high for 950 family due to extremely "poor battery life".

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Windows hello crashes on .107... And i was chillin with my friends today in town.. We take alot of picture with my 950 xl.. And when i try to show them the pictures.. It takes ages to load.. Shame on me.. For 1000 australian dollars phone its a SHAME.. They laugh like hell

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I suffered fairly frequent app crashes and unresponsive phone on my L820, when on the Insider fast ring, up to and including build .107. However, doing a phone reset, and switching to the Release Preview option has made my phone completely stable. I'll be sticking to the Release Preview from now on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb