Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Besides the obvious battery drain on my 950XL, im now (again) getting the rebooting problem when connected to some 5GHz wireless networks. at work, my phone randomly turns off without a sound. i hope its not the phone. might do a hard reset and try again. but maybe ill just wait for the next version.

my wifes 1520 on .107 has been bulletproof and gets 2+ days of battery from it.

Just witnessed a brand new 950XL (actually the exchanged one, as the first one had issues), running latest firmware and .107, having terrible performance issues: low wifi speeds on a 2.4Ghz network, wifi N down speed would not reach more than 17mbps while other phones in the office went past 40-50mbps. adding a microSD card in it makes the phone lag in every aspect, also when accessing the card sometimes it reboots. Card is a 64GB UHS 80mb one. Tried with a 16GB class 10, same issues. Screen calibration is way off in dark movie scenes,full or artifacts, battery is ok, connecting to a 5ghz network makes the phone either freeze, or disconnect after 3-4 minutes and after that it won't see any other wifi networks unless it's rebooted.
Same problems after a WDRT restore to .29 and latest firmware. Both cases phone set as new, no backups.
Considering that this one is the second that came from warranty replace, it pointed me the quality of the OS: mediocre!
Such a nice phone plagued by this joke OS.
Happy that I wasn't the one having these problems....poor guy spent 640EUR on it. The return window passed and the resale price is much lower, somewhere a 440 EUR, no one would want to pay more for it. So 200 EUR went out the window...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just witnessed a brand new 950XL (actually the exchanged one, as the first one had issues), running latest firmware and .107, having terrible performance issues: low wifi speeds on a 2.4Ghz network, wifi N down speed would not reach more than 17mbps while other phones in the office went past 40-50mbps. adding a microSD card in it makes the phone lag in every aspect, also when accessing the card sometimes it reboots. Card is a 64GB UHS 80mb one. Tried with a 16GB class 10, same issues. Screen calibration is way off in dark movie scenes,full or artifacts, battery is ok, connecting to a 5ghz network makes the phone either freeze, or disconnect after 3-4 minutes and after that it won't see any other wifi networks unless it's rebooted.
Same problems after a WDRT restore to .29 and latest firmware. Both cases phone set as new, no backups.
Considering that this one is the second that came from warranty replace, it pointed me the quality of the OS: mediocre!
Happy that I wasn't the one having these problems....poor guy spent 640EUR on it. The return window passed and the resale price is much lower, somewhere a 440 EUR, no one would want to pay more for it. So 200 EUR went out the window...

what are you doing with 50Mbps? Downloading whole movies or something?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

That superphone will get full power loaded in less than 2 weeks

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
what are you doing with 50Mbps? Downloading whole movies or something?

So, by your opinion, there is no problem that the wifi is so slow? It does not matter if I use 50mbps or not. The phone connects to the wifi network at 130mbps on 2.4. why isn't it capable of going over 17mbps speed down and 3-4mbps speed up? this is the point here...not that I need or not 50-60-or whatever mbps.
Go buy a car that can go, for example, up to 150mph..for example... and you find out that while it is advertised to go up to 150mph, it only goes 20mph because the producer was way too dumb to make it right. how do you feel? the same goes here...the hw can but the sw cannot.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
So, by your opinion, there is no problem that the wifi is so slow? It does not matter if I use 50mbps or not. The phone connects to the wifi network at 130mbps on 2.4. why isn't it capable of going over 17mbps speed down and 3-4mbps speed up? this is the point here...not that I need or not 50-60-or whatever mbps.
Go buy a car that can go, for example, up to 150mph..for example... and you find out that while it is advertised to go up to 150mph, it only goes 20mph because the producer was way too dumb to make it right. how do you feel? the same goes here...the hw can but the sw cannot.

I think the bigger question here is how did you test this?

Sent from mTalk

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Build .107 was released last night as NOT INSIDER official on your phone, and there's people in Win10Mob forum happy with 5 Ghz wifi connection, so.... check yourserlf

partol

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

after upgrade to 107 I've partially lost email and SMS notifications. I've e-mail icons on glance but no sound and notifications at notification screen. For SMS I have no icon on glance But I have sound and notification at notification screen. Turning notifications off and on doesn't help. Strange a bit. Has anybody noticed something similar?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

after upgrade to 107 I've partially lost email and SMS notifications. I've e-mail icons on glance but no sound and notifications at notification screen. For SMS I have no icon on glance But I have sound and notification at notification screen. Turning notifications off and on doesn't help. Strange a bit. Has anybody noticed something similar?

Yes I do have same issues as you, I have power of the phone and back on seems to work for awhile. Email crashes at times I have noticed. Don't forget to send in feedback.

Gaurav Kaushal

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Devices with 512MB, the screen freeze problem is still there. Though it is difficult to reproduce, but I faced this on existing from Photos, Store, People apps. This does not happen all the time, but becomes annoying. I am using it on my Lumia 720. Wish it gets resolved in the next build

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
not sure what happened, but my battery life has been trash for a couple of days now. I unplugged it with a full charge around 2am this morning and by 6:30 it was down to 64%.

I experienced something similar when I first updated to .36...battery life was fine for a week or so and then took a nosedive for several days. It eventually got better again even without an update so I don't know what fixed it or caused it, but my fingers are crossed it resolves itself again this time around. If not, I'll have to go back to 8.1 because I need it to last more than 8 hours between charges.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I've not had battery life issue on any previous build but .107 seems to burn through the battery on both my 925 and 950 XL. I'll run some tests but it looks like the battery drains at least 10% an hour when the phone is locked and no apps running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven