Windows Insider Configuration Update Error

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I already have the 107 build via Windows Insider Fast on my 950XL. There is a new update today (no idea what it entails) that downloads and installs. But when Restart is selected there is an error (thread title) with code 0x80246007. A "try again" results in a "frozen" download screen. A reboot of the phone just regurgitates the whole update process again.

Anyone else?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue since yesterday. The way I fixed it was to first restart to get rid of the update error. Then I enrolled in the production ring and checked for updates...nothing yet. Then I enrolled in release preview and checked for updates to find the configuration update for that branch, installed it. Then repeated the same sequence for fast ring and this time the configuration update installed. I had my phone plugged in all the time since .107 now requires your phone to be plugged in order to install updates.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
... since .107 now requires your phone to be plugged in order to install updates.

Really?

I still get that error but now on Fast ring my phone is installing build 14267.1002 and it's not plugged in.

edit- well after a lengthier download/install it still errors out at the Restart.

Last edited:

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue since yesterday. The way I fixed it was to first restart to get rid of the update error. Then I enrolled in the production ring and checked for updates...nothing yet. Then I enrolled in release preview and checked for updates to find the configuration update for that branch, installed it. Then repeated the same sequence for fast ring and this time the configuration update installed. I had my phone plugged in all the time since .107 now requires your phone to be plugged in order to install updates.

That's what worked for me, too.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I ended up doing a hard reset of the phone. Once reset/restored from backup (remember to BACK UP!!!) the 14267 update came through and installed without errors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney