How to improve battery life on W10M?

FaisalST32

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded my L730 to W10M Build 10586.107. I've been having few issues, but nothing that can't be handled. However, one big issue that I'm busy right now is the battery life. It's really really bad. I just want to know if there are some ways to improve battery life. Some features that I can disable or something like that. Any help would be really appreciated.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Batt life is plain horrible on this build. Tweet @brandonleblanc @gabeaul @northfacehiker.

They are good about responding and trying to address issues

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded my L730 to W10M Build 10586.107. I've been having few issues, but nothing that can't be handled. However, one big issue that I'm busy right now is the battery life. It's really really bad. I just want to know if there are some ways to improve battery life. Some features that I can disable or something like that. Any help would be really appreciated.

1 - enter VIDEO skype (NOT Skype blue logo), settings, log out. It's always logged in by default
2 - disable all background apps you really don't need every minute, like Office pack
3 - check if by chance you enable OneDrive video upload
4 - Wifi is a lot battery-conservative than using only carrier data. Leave it on and use wifi hotspots every time you can
5 - Someone suggests disablin Edge and SMS sync between devices in settings
6 - Uninstall all extra battery app

A lot of threads opened in forum, use search function ;)

windobuddies625

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Messaging + skype
Nfc
Bluetooth
Background apps which you don't really need turn them off
Brightness to automatic
Double tap off
Glance screen to peek... Are mostly the main ways to get a good battery life for one charge.

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
FWIW on my 930 all I've done is disable settings, Edge and messaging sync and my battery drain on .107 is fine. As in, less than one or two percent an hour, with occasional usage too. I think sometimes blocking apps from background usage causes more battery problems than they solve, as if they're badly programmed they might just keep eternally spamming out attempts to do whatever they wanted to do, which just consumes more power than if you let it do one refresh each half hour or whatever it's supposed to be doing. Just leave the OS to do what it does IMO.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
When you log out of Skype (either Skype, or Video Skype) actually wait and witness you are actually logged out (it may take a few seconds) but wait for verification ..... otherwise you may not be logged out ...... it will also show as battery draining "messaging" as it is not separated as messaging & Skype. I just realised this the other day, make SURE you are signed out of Skype, extends battery life amazing

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by FaisalST32

1 - enter VIDEO skype (NOT Skype blue logo), settings, log out. It's always logged in by default
2 - disable all background apps you really don't need every minute, like Office pack
3 - check if by chance you enable OneDrive video upload
4 - Wifi is a lot battery-conservative than using only carrier data. Leave it on and use wifi hotspots every time you can
5 - Someone suggests disablin Edge and SMS sync between devices in settings
6 - Uninstall all extra battery app

A lot of threads opened in forum, use search function ;)
so how can u track the battery if you disable extra battery apps? I have one battery app I use it shows me tike since last charge and detailed usage info that the built in battery app doesnt

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
so how can u track the battery if you disable extra battery apps? I have one battery app I use it shows me tike since last charge and detailed usage info that the built in battery app doesnt

I'm not first sayin it: Windows os limits battery collection data on 3rd apps due to closed routines. The best way to track a battery is.... help yourself looking your clock :D
Seriously. That apps drains themselves battery

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Lol I have never messed with battery optimizations. I bought a smartphone to be smarter than me and I'm not going to cripple features and functions that make it that way. Long as I get right at day of use I'm good with it..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol I have never messed with battery optimizations. I bought a smartphone to be smarter than me and I'm not going to cripple features and functions that make it that way. Long as I get right at day of use I'm good with it..

Sure, but there's critical mission situation people ;)
Windows Phone is a little pc, you can fine tune more than iOs and Androids just as is, without apps or root tricks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE

After one week as daily driver user of my old 520 with .107, reliability and battery life increased another 30% in intensive screen, browsing, messaging, always using as streamin music reader in background (wifi). Time measured lookin at my wall clock, not a stupid battery drainin battery app :D
Edge finally goes fast as previous master build. I noticed that on every upgrade.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
These are just some 'common sense' tips from me;
-Stay away from 3rd party apps if possible (especially if they look like a hobby job instead of a sturdy software)
-Don't keep background tasks on for some apps if you haven't used them in a while.
-If possible, choose your seat with cell reception in mind :)
-Don't pass up on charging opportunities

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss