W10M Insider Preview 14267 (Redstone branch - for devices released with W10M)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I hope this just means visual voicemail notifications won't work and not that I won't get ANY voicemail notifications and will have to guess or check my voicemail by calling after every missed call. Why release a build so fast if it broke something they KNOW people are really going to complain about? They could've just stayed with 107 and waited a week to fix it. 107 was just released so it would've been reasonable. I'm all for faster builds but not if they're going to break crucial features

Thanks for reminding me, but that's not the point. They released a build with something I'd argue is essential to a fluid "using the phone as a phone experience" when there was no need to because they just released a build a week ago. What was the point?.

Just go to insider app and select production. you won't get the build.

The point is to test their redstone builds on phones and find issues from people who are willing to deal with the issues. They even stated redstone builds will be buggier so go back to production if you don't want them.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess you never upgraded any phone before... scary,it is'nt ? :) that's the normal behaviour on all devices. Step by step. Same as desktop. No HR needed

I update my phone all the time. Under normal circumstances some apps are marked as pending and made available usually rather fast after updates.

In my case, they were marked as pending and wouldn't load, even after waiting a ridiculous amount of time...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to delete a build once it has been downloaded? I tried to switch options in Insider, and it said the phone was preparing an update, so it would not let me change options.

It looks right now like I may sit this one out.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to delete a build once it has been downloaded? I tried to switch options in Insider, and it said the phone was preparing an update, so it would not let me change options.

It looks right now like I may sit this one out.

Soft reset, then enter Insidrer and select Release

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So far the only issue I have is that MS Health now says "An unknown error occurred with your band" when trying to sync. The problem here is that I do not own a band and use the phones motion data to track my steps.

It was working yesterday prior to this update (with the latest MS Health update and live tile stats)

The installation and upgrade was smooth. It's quite nice to see the Data Usage tile actually update without having to open it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Since I couldn't escape it, I went ahead and did it. I don’t know how long it took, because I kicked it off before going out to spray weeds in the yard. It was done when I was finished (+/- 1 ? hours).

The only issue so far was the not waking up from Glance Screen issue. I set it to 15 minutes, and it seemed to work, then reset it back to 30 seconds, and it seems like it’s working now as well. I also have the black screen stutter/flash when opening the camera app.

I haven’t done too much with it yet since it completed, but it seems OK so far. Unlocked 950 dual sim.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me, but that's not the point. They released a build with something I'd argue is essential to a fluid "using the phone as a phone experience" when there was no need to because they just released a build a week ago. What was the point?

This is a completely different branch. The first Redstone build for mobile. Everything prior was Threshold which will just get bug fixes and security updates.

If you don't understand what is going on then you probably shouldn't install this.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just another update...

Hard reset, wow this is smooth. Issues gone after reseting device (sucks, but meh, whatever)... I found everytime my device booted after installing the update, it was literally generating 60 Insider feedback dumps... lol

Either way, loving it now! :) Super smooth, fast...

Yes I would do a hard reset with this one, you are updating from one branch to a new branch. this build is smooth, its fast. so if you experience problems with this build after install, DO THE HARD RESET.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo