W10M Insider Preview 14267 (Redstone branch - for devices released with W10M)

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
How it works for you?

Windows 10 Mobile build 14267 has just started making its way out to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring. Keep in mind that, since this build is on the development branch, it's currently only available for Fast Ring Insiders using a Lumia 950, 950 XL, 550, or Xiaomi Mi4.

Here's the breakdown of what's new:

• Search for music easier in Cortana: We have made it easier to invoke music search in Cortana by adding a music search icon to the top right of Cortana. You can now open Cortana on your PC and click on the music search icon to have Cortana listen and search for the song that's playing.
• Word Flow now works in the address bar in Microsoft Edge on your phone: For fans of Word Flow, we heard your feedback, and we have re-enabled the ability to use shape writing in the address bar in Microsoft Edge on your phone!
• Open InPrivate tabs more easily in Microsoft Edge on your phone: We take the need for private browsing seriously, and InPrivate has been a feature of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Mobile from day one. However, we received feedback from Windows Insiders that the InPrivate feature was either hard to find or missing on their phones. As a result, we've moved the button to create a new InPrivate tab to appear right next to the new tab button. The next time you need a private tab in Microsoft Edge, you'll find it right in your tabs view. Try it out on your phone and let us know what you think.
• Improved Download Prompts in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will now show a prompt when you start a download, allowing you to cancel unwanted downloads.

Hope they will release it soon for more devices.

Last edited:

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 950XL (DS Canada) has been stuck on Step 3 of 10, at 7% forever now... With the "Location" icon active at the top... Been sitting like that for ~25 minutes.

I'm getting worried... hahah

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Weird...

Press and held power, swiped down to turn off (still frozen for quite a while longer)...

Turned back on..

Now back at almost done... It's moving along... Now 8 steps instead of 10...

Hopefully it recovered properly... Really hope I don't have to restore device...

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
And now all 3rd party apps are stuck as "Pending" and cannot open, lol.

I can install new apps, but existing 3rd party apps are all greyed out... Ugh, I'm probably going to do a reset...

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
If I was some of you, I would wait...

My phone is HOTTTTT, and even restarting, half the time it's stuck on "Loading..." after turning the device on after the install is done and complete.

I'm doing a hard reset on it now because it's just not usable. I'm wondering if the errors some of you are experiencing are due MS pulling the firmware.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft: lets unbundle the apps from the OS so we can update them faster
.... now lets release this build which comes with a new messaging app which actually works for basics like pictures and stuff
-no update for the same app on previous builds
Microsoft is so cool

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I hope this just means visual voicemail notifications won't work and not that I won't get ANY voicemail notifications and will have to guess or check my voicemail by calling after every missed call. Why release a build so fast if it broke something they KNOW people are really going to complain about? They could've just stayed with 107 and waited a week to fix it. 107 was just released so it would've been reasonable. I'm all for faster builds but not if they're going to break crucial features.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I hope this just means visual voicemail notifications won't work and not that I won't get ANY voicemail notifications and will have to guess or check my voicemail by calling after every missed call. Why release a build so fast if it broke something they KNOW people are really going to complain about? They could've just stayed with 107 and waited a week to fix it. 107 was just released so it would've been reasonable. I'm all for faster builds but not if they're going to break crucial features.

For what it's worth, my 950XL is updated to this build and the Visual Voice Mail still works. My 950XL is an international single sim on AT&T.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sounds a little scary. I have it downloaded, and it was to install overnight. I’ve pushed it back a few days, to get a little more review first.

I'm dual sim (950), so I don't have VVM anyways.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just another update...

Hard reset, wow this is smooth. Issues gone after reseting device (sucks, but meh, whatever)... I found everytime my device booted after installing the update, it was literally generating 60 Insider feedback dumps... lol

Either way, loving it now! :) Super smooth, fast...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been running very well up until it just randomly froze while scrolling through readit comments. Hope this was just a one off after install.

robsbrutal

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Everything's working good for me! L950...I just hopped from a 640 to a 950 last night so I'm waiting for the battery to break in...it dies a little faster than my 640.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by offbeatbop
Actually, you agreed to test unstable buggy builds, with missing or broken features

ajithsh

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Anyone please tell me what is the difference on Windows mobile 10 preview build version (that can be upgraded using insider program) and the windows 10 version (prebuild with lumia 950 / 950XL)?

ajithsh

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
please tell me what is the difference on Windows mobile 10 preview build version (that can be upgraded using insider program) and the windows 10 version (prebuild with lumia 950 / 950XL)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb