Build 14267 Cold booting on SP3

rege0039

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Since I installed this build on my SP3 I have problems cold booting.

I start up and just get the Surface logo, no spinning dots. I have hold down the power button for 20 seconds and then restart and all seems OK after that.

Anyone else getting this or know how to stop it ?

Thanks

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with this build on my laptop. Initial boot gets me to the windows logo and stops. I have to hard shutdown and restart before windows loads. Even then it takes over a minute to completely boot.

Mauroo4

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Same here on my ASUS ultrabook. It never happened before with preview builds, did it? I've just returned in the Insider program after being some months out

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I never cold boot but when booting from hibernation it freezes and restarting manually fixes it anyway, this issue is reported on the feedback app, go give your vote there folks

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also having this same issue on my SP3, but I also get from a cold start on my desktop on same build. I already posted feedback.

MrStude

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Just got this build 14267 Friday Feb 19 2016, everything was working awesome till this last build. Now it hangs on the Windows logo.... I thought possibly a Usb external drive issue, unplugged it, nothing changed. It did this before on a previous Insider build but eventually it fixed itself, I am hoping it does again. I think Microsoft is very diligent and generous to allow this type of field testing. Regards..

Last edited:

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by rege0039

I start up and just get the Surface logo, no spinning dots. I have hold down the power button for 20 seconds and then restart and all seems OK after that.

Thanks

I've not updated to this build yet (I'm on the one before, on my Surface Pro 3) and I've had my SP3 hang at that Surface logo (no spinning progress indicator) a few times over the last few days.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by rege0039

Thanks

I don't have any insider build on my SP3, but it's worth noting I also have issues at cold boot. I won't get the spinning dots below the Surface logo and nothing will happen until I do a hard reset. I don't think it's an issue with just this insider build, but might become more of an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre