Issues with 1520 on build 107

Sincpro

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
You're not alone. My 1520 has the same issues. I've been hoping that an update will fix it. I'd try going back to 8.1 and updating again but can't due to the computer connection issue. The recovery tool doesn't see it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 107 and don't have any of the issues you mentioned. I did hard rest once after updating to 63 from 8.1 and since then I've been just installing the updates as pushed by insider. Motion data, glance other system apps would receive updates to W10 version (new UI/UX) after the update that should fix most of the issues. You should also make sure you're re-enrolled in the fast ring after the update to get those system updates from the store.

Sincpro

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've also done hard resets after each build. That has not changed anything. What version of the 1520 are you using? I'm using 1520.3 RM938.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That could be the difference but certainly is not IMO. Updating system apps after a hard reset or fresh WM10 upgrade is always challenging for most of the members posting here. It does seem to get better after a few days for most of them when those apps get automatically updated from the store to the newer WM10 compatible apps. I actually have some of them downloaded to OneDrive and I've shared a link here on WC.

You can download those apps from my OneDrive share below:

Files shared from OneDrive
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...0&authkey=!ABRihRRvkwDlNKc&ithint=folder,appx

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd try going back to 8.1 and updating again but can't due to the computer connection issue. The recovery tool doesn't see it.
Have you tried other USB cables and/or ports on your PC? I have a couple of USB cables that will charge and even let me transfer files from my phone to my PC but the Recovery Tool won't always "see" my phone with them. There are a couple of cables that always work for me. Perhaps it is the same for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo