14267.1004 is crazily buggy

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Got it on an Alcatel last night. No performance issues and no hard resets needed. The only difference I've noticed is with the way it handles app closing. It's a horizontal app list instead of the card view.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Side note: Id like to thank all the participants here for actually participating in the discussion and not whining about different features not working. This is how the community should be interacting...

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a dual sim Lumia 950 with two sim cards installed. Once the update finished, the phone was unusable, nothing works and can't access anything. Did a hard reset and the rest took ages and had to soft reset a few times during phone setup as the phone hangs. Once I removed one sim card, the phone finally started responding but was very buggy. I went back to .107

Same issue here, Lumia 950 Dual SIM acting up after updating to build 14267.1004.

Doing a hard reset doesn't help. Revert back to build 10586.107 and update again, same result.

Took out SIM 2 and phone is finally working normally.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, Lumia 950 Dual SIM acting up after updating to build 14267.1004.

Doing a hard reset doesn't help. Revert back to build 10586.107 and update again, same result.

Took out SIM 2 and phone is finally working normally.

So far this cured the issues I was having getting this build on my Dual Sim 950XL going to try a few restarts and see if I lose Wifi connection again

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So far this cured the issues I was having getting this build on my Dual Sim 950XL going to try a few restarts and see if I lose Wifi connection again

Sure hope they got this sorted out as soon as possible.

Did a Hard Reset due to all those issues and now my contacts are not syncing back from the Cloud.

Adding new contacts on my phone will sync to the Cloud, but all previous contacts stored on the Cloud won't sync back to the phone.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Running a few tests over the past few hours have got much further with the phone on this and the previous build. If you have a dual sim take out sim 2 run the updates and let it clear all the steps. To sum up the issues I did have the Step 3 of 25 hanging at 7 % and a soft reset was the only way of clearing it. This seemed to break something on the WiFi after a restart so no connectivity to rebuild data (I live in an area of very poor mobile signal). Basically only way to get the phone stable was to re flash using WDRT. Updated the firmware to the latest using the firmware flash mod (thor2) changing region code . After flashing and updating to 14267.1004 still had the same issues after a restart. Following andyqkw advice about removing sim 2 14267.1004 finally became usable and seem to be smooth. I still have some more stuff to test on the phone but so far so good and not come across any show stopping bugs. If I find anything i'll update

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Similar issues after upgrading, already reset once. restored from backup, getting error 0x80240024 on every app re-install.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950XL dual SIM with both SIM cards inserted.

I have just upgraded to 14267.1004, before that everything works fairly well. But since then I have spotted following issues in just 1 hour:
  • First time after I restarted because of the upgrade, I can freely open my home screen from lock screen even I have the setting I have to log in (iris scan or PIN) every time. I rebooted again, and it seems to work now.
  • I cannot open many app: Edge, Weather, News and so on.
  • I have good chance the screen keyboard won't show up when I activate input box.
  • Some time the keyboard shows up, I cannot switch languages (I have multiple languages and input methods installed).
  • If the keyboard is on screen, I press home button the keyboard does not go away.

Update 1
I did a hard reset and it seems to be working fine now.

Update 2
I noticed something else, which might be related to the problem. I did hard reset and restored from my previous backup. I have "English Canada" keyboard, but it failed to download "Text suggestions" even after numerous reboots. So I decided to give "English US" keyboard a try, as soon as I removed "English Canada" and added "English US" many of my initial problem appeared again.

• I cannot switch keyboard with other languages I installed.
  • Many of the app stopped opening again.
  • The keyboard hanged in the middle of home screen even I don't need to enter any text.

Now I face 2 choices, do another factory reset but don't restore from backup; or roll back from previous OS build.
Errr, either way, it is painful.

Update 3
Not too much time after I switched keyboards (in update 2), my phone went into a totally disastrous state. I was first prompted to restart because of the update - I don't even know there could be another update after this one. After I restarted I was prompted several times to restart again because my SIM has been changed?! Then the phone turned to be burning hot, even right after I restarted. The battery drained more than 10% in 30 minutes. The phone is not even responding, I pressed power button on lock screen, nothing happens at all.

I installed WDRT, plug the phone to PC. The WDRT got error message: Reading device info failed. Details: reading phone info failed with error 0x00000067 (Thor2NotResponding).

Update 4
I have just done another hard reset, this time I did not restore from backup.

I added "English Canada" keyboard and removed "English US" one, the same thing I cannot download "Text suggestions" for the keyboard, which means I cannot use swipe input!

I've created a bunch of feedback reports using the Feedback app, and even reached out on the Microsoft Insiders answers forums on Microsoft's site.

I've also had these issues:
-Cortana not working at all (freezes when trying to use voice)
-Cortana questions not working (when typing, it opens everything in Bing)
-Phone gets stuck on "Loading.." occasionally on first redstone build, happens all the time on latest build.
-Cannot download "English (Canada)" text suggestions, numerous speech packs also fail to download.

A Microsoft engineer chimed in on the thread on MS site saying that the English Canada language isn't available, haha and referenced a Windows Phone 8 article.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ng-to-be/63254dd1-e5b7-495f-ba98-d22e3eba93c8

On a separate thread, a MS engineer chimed in and said Cortana doesn't work as well as it did in "Windows 8".

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-builds/14a79d77-3d8f-4d3d-b881-7bc8a0f77050

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
-Cannot download "English (Canada)" text suggestions, numerous speech packs also fail to download.

A Microsoft engineer chimed in on the thread on MS site saying that the English Canada language isn't available, haha and referenced a Windows Phone 8 article.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ng-to-be/63254dd1-e5b7-495f-ba98-d22e3eba93c8

On a separate thread, a MS engineer chimed in and said Cortana doesn't work as well as it did in "Windows 8".

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-builds/14a79d77-3d8f-4d3d-b881-7bc8a0f77050

Oh god, thanks for your help. It is really disappointing - the keyboard language was available in last build but it is gone now.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh god, thanks for your help. It is really disappointing - the keyboard language was available in last build but it is gone now.

If any of you want to, chime in on those Microsoft Answer forums, and back me up that there is an issue.

I'm sitting here wondering if they are actually aware of the issues? Or if as per the Engineer's posts, they have absolutely no idea....

I think the US builds are working great, it's just the builds are buggy as hell when configured for other countries...

Someone else created a couple threads on the MS sites, but they weren't that clear in their language (they were angry), and MS responded "We are aware of no such issues", lmao

adirtymonkey

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Currently saving storage space on my 950xl with this update. No updates available via store or even new app installs due to 0x803F7000 error #WTF

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll add to this.

After updating to this build, I was watching an MKV file using "Video X Player" app. Plays smooth and fine for a few minutes, then phone locked up. Got really hot. Had to do force reboot. Wouldn't detect SD card. Had to reboot several times, then it saw some apps. Moved those apps to internal memory. Rebooted several more times. The rest of the apps showed up. Moved those over to internal memory.

Everything else was gone, except for a few dozen songs, out of almost 6000 songs. Pictures were all gone. Confirmed on my PC all data was gone except those songs. I was pissed as hell. Gave some serious feedback.

Luckily, images were backed up to OneDrive. Had to copy the songs over the SD chip again, but they were out of my collection of over 2TB of music. Had to go through and rebuilt whatever was on the SD card.

Other than that, no other new issues cropped up. The same ones still remains

Cortana not responding or does not hear you
Random app crashes
Edge slow and makes phone hot
Random freezes here and there
App list does not dim when exiting an app
Mobile Hotspot flakey
Groove stops playing randomly and takes forever to acknowledge songs
...too many to list

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
This build fixed none of my concerns from the previous build and actually made things worse. Performance dropped dramatically. I gave in and did a hard reset...which REALLY made things worse. The 950 now freezes frequently and I have to hold power+downvol to force it to reboot. The Store crashes about 60% of the time, now, right after I try to tap Downloads. I'm glad my 1020 is my daily driver.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I find the phone MUST come with a removable battery, I have a Nokia 520 besides the 950 XL,
and many occasions I had to remove the battery on the Nokia, because it froze and the was the
only way to power cycle the phone. I noticed the 950 XL freezes occasionally when I want to
check for OS updates. I also have a BLU WIN HD LTE, which is my main phone, running 8.1.
I'm glad I didn't use the BLU phone on the insider, I read there was a mistake in the build for it.
My BLU phone has assigned ringtones for friends and so far Windows 10 builds don't have
the option. With the 10 phone I have answered calls, that I should have not picked up, when
the sun light is so bright, I can't tell who is calling, and that caused the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss