Hotspot won't running without cellular data.

WPSanjib

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm not able to turn on hotspot without cellular data..
Why Microsoft build windows 10 with this problem?
It is necessary for windows phone because of sharing huge files through wifi network to other windows/android phone.
If I'm not subscribed to any cellular data, then I'm not going to able to turn on "internet sharing". This is a pretty big problem for windows phone users..
I think it'll be great if Microsoft put some attention over this.. :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not able to turn on hotspot without cellular data..
Why Microsoft build windows 10 with this problem?
It is necessary for windows phone because of sharing huge files through wifi network to other windows/android phone.
If I'm not subscribed to any cellular data, then I'm not going to able to turn on "internet sharing". This is a pretty big problem for windows phone users..
I think it'll be great if Microsoft put some attention over this.. :)

You'd use your phone as hotspot WITHOUT data plan? Are you serious? Do you know how a hotspot works? It use an internet connection and spreads via wifi.
Phone hotspots use cellular data carrier obviously, Home, office, stores hotspots uses wired data carrier

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
You'd use your phone as hotspot WITHOUT data plan? Are you serious? Do you know how a hotspot works? It use an internet connection and spreads via wifi.
Phone hotspots use cellular data carrier obviously, Home, office, stores hotspots uses wired data carrier

Whats really scary that this is posted in the insider threads. As you said, you NEED an active data connection. The only thing I can think off is the OP was on about NFC or Bluetooth, but I highly doubt it. I turned WiFi off and removed my sim card, and my hotspot didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong as well :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Whats really scary that this is posted in the insider threads. As you said, you NEED an active data connection. The only thing I can think off is the OP was on about NFC or Bluetooth, but I highly doubt it. I turned WiFi off and removed my sim card, and my hotspot didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong as well :)

The :) smile at first post end let me think he's jokin :D
Next thread will be "I'm unable to turn on phone witouth battery inside. Microsoft must resolve that serious bug!"

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay so here is what the op really meant. He's asking if the phone can be used as a an access point for hosting a closed WiFi network (peer to peer or adhoc) for file sharing and not necessarily data sharing.

@OP: There are third party apps that will let you transfer files via WiFi if you're connected to the same local network. Using your phone to host your own adhoc network is not possible on WM10 yet.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here is what the op really meant. He's asking if the phone can be used as a an access point for hosting a closed WiFi network (peer to peer or adhoc) for file sharing and not necessarily data sharing.

Aaaahhhh, that's NOT hotspot, that's data migration via ad hoc. There's already bluetooth for that, and version 4 is fast as wifi.
If you mean a NAS function (share phone files to all phone around), never heard a phone with that. Maybe there's a 3rd party app for that

So, that's everything but hotspots ;)

WPSanjib

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Pls first understand this thread then reply...

Have u heard about "xender" app in android phone to transfer files through Wi-Fi in 4-5 mbps? This app creates its own hotspot and They don't need to turn on their mobile data on.
Windows phone doesn't have this facility.
Recently "feem" or "easy transfer" these app are able to do so. But first two windows phone needs two connected over same wifi i.e. one phone need to start hotspot and other one has to connect to it.
Now here's the problem windows phone hotspot won't start without cellular data...

I think all of u understand.... :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Pls first understand this thread then reply...

Have u heard about "xender" app in android phone to transfer files through Wi-Fi in 4-5 mbps? This app creates its own hotspot and They don't need to turn on their mobile data on.
Windows phone doesn't have this facility.
Recently "feem" or "easy transfer" these app are able to do so. But first two windows phone needs two connected over same wifi i.e. one phone need to start hotspot and other one has to connect to it.
Now here's the problem windows phone hotspot won't start without cellular data...

I think all of u understand.... :)

You are talkin about NAS or data transfer. Hotspot means always something about data carrier. I'm sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro