New update 10586.122

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Regarding battery on .122

My 735, 820 & 830 was upgraded from a factory resetted .107 . "Skype video" is signed out. "Skype for consumer" signed in. A few IMAP e-mail accounts active. The 735 has no SIM card inserted for the moment.

After 12h laying side by side on a bench athome after 100% charge this morning..

L735 87%
L820 75%
L830 78%

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by windobuddies625
Originally Posted by Federico Turban
Jajajaja I believe I talk to fast, another Random Reboot xD This is bad :(

Hahaha... Did u try hard reset? Maybe that will help with the reboots.
A Hard Reset is something I really don't want to do unless is crucial (like some terrible bug pestering me with no rest), the Random Reboots don't bother me that much, and I'm using those to se how much improvement the stability has gone from build to build; Also, I'm not a newcomer for this, back in the days of Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers, my Lumia 625 used to have some Random Reboots once in a week.

And so far, how your device is going with the new Build?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Greatest news. With this build you can install Lumia Camera Classic or Lumia Camera Beta and record videos again. Thank god, Windows camera and its video recording with mono sound is horrible.

Thanks. Have you any experience about unstable focus problem with videos of these camera apps ? (focusing in and out continuosly)

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been on the preview releases almost from the start. I will wait until a new release has a few days of testing by others , then install it on my daily driver. It seems as if most builds are great for a while, then get all mucked up after a few weeks. Could it be app updates in preparation for a new build causing my issues? This last build for instance, was flawless for a while. But lately, my 925 has been freezing up, apps crashing, camera unusable, dialer lag, message lag, live tile update sporadic... all in the last couple of weeks though. What gives?
I'm installing the latest preview now, hoping for the best! Do others have the same experience with these preview builds? They work great for a while then the experience changes and the build seems to go to $#!%. Anyway, still hanging in there, waiting for the promised ecosystem...

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a lumia 535, didn't notice any benefit in this build compared to the last one. Battery life is the same, not very good, i woke up 10:30 am and the battery was at 86%, it's at 68% now, 05:21 pm. Barely used the phone, just a few messages in whatsapp, less than 5 minutes of web browsing and 10 seconds in the Windows Central app, very light use you could say. I did a hard reset.

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Actually the most fluid so far in both OS GUI and games. There are still some little lags on screen scrolling a lot on the start where the navigation bar is displayed, but nothing dramatically slow compared to previous build.
I still miss Bing Vision integration into Cortana, and I am still unable to play live images taked by my phone - 735 - but that's all.
Very nice work MS (-:

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
640 XL on 122
Device does not heat up as it used to in the previous build.
Battery life improved.
UI animations/navigation very smooth (feels like a new phone).

In general, much better than the previous build.
Waiting for the F/W update .

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from 8.1 to this build on my Samsung ATIV S via hack and apart from the store crashing all the time, I only have one problem so far:

When I play music (local MP3s via Groove App, latest update) and I press the next-track button on the volume-button overlay, the next track's name wiggles around for 1+ second and after this finally the music starts. Is this normal? Because this kinda s*cks and should be fixed.

Also, Groove Music has a blank icon on the app list (the live tile works fine)...

Last edited:

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Do others have the same experience with these preview builds? They work great for a while then the experience changes and the build seems to go to $#!%.

Yes, that's my experience with W10M on my 1020 and Windows 10 on my SP3.

For anyone that is not getting sound for the configured alarms after the .122 update, deleting and re-creating them fixes it. As for battery life it's not as good in .122 on my 1020.

casteld73

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
After a battery issue I did a reset on the phone [the one where you use the power button]. So it kept .122 but had me reconfigure. I did not restore from backup and reset everything. Over last 4 hours the phone has been behaving much better. 5% battery drop over 4 hours with a few calls and testing...that is a good thing. I am ok with the resets as I feel this is what you need to do if you are on a developer preview program. So no one should really ***** about that. I do hope that with the std non windows insider users his is not necessary.....now all we need is the new firmware so we can give glowing reviews about a stable OS etc....cue what about the apps :)

This was for att 950 USA running .107 going to slow ring .122

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Did the 8.1 Denim to WM10 upgrade path on my L640. Took about an hour to download, then a while to load, I went to bed.
I got the "Welcome to Windows 10 " splash screen and had to accept "Terms and conditions", so it looks like the real upgrade.
I had some problems with Store downloading this morning, did a soft reset and then some shutdown/restarts.
I have been 12 hours on battery, normal day connected to wifi, made several phone calls and texts Battery at 60%. Battery seems good.
I had to delete a lot of game apps to do the upgrade, the files is large.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Did the 8.1 Denim to WM10 upgrade path on my L640. Took about an hour to download, then a while to load, I went to bed.
I got the "Welcome to Windows 10 " splash screen and had to accept "Terms and conditions", so it looks like the real upgrade.
I had some problems with Store downloading this morning, did a soft reset and then some shutdown/restarts.
I have been 12 hours on battery, normal day connected to wifi, made several phone calls and texts Battery at 60%. Battery seems good.
I had to delete a lot of game apps to do the upgrade, the files is large.

That's encouraging. Is it worth it? This wait for the official is killing me!

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Jajajaja I believe I talk to fast, another Random Reboot xD This is bad :(

I installed Deezer, the new Windows 10 Beta version, and if I use it for a while and leave it in the background without killing it my 950 will become unresponsive and in the end reboot. So I think it's actually specific to what apps you use if you have problems with the phone rebooting or becoming hot and unresponsive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99