New update 10586.122

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
After a battery issue I did a reset on the phone [the one where you use the power button]. So it kept .122 but had me reconfigure. I did not restore from backup and reset everything. Over last 4 hours the phone has been behaving much better. 5% battery drop over 4 hours with a few calls and testing...that is a good thing. I am ok with the resets as I feel this is what you need to do if you are on a developer preview program. So no one should really ***** about that. I do hope that with the std non windows insider users his is not necessary.....now all we need is the new firmware so we can give glowing reviews about a stable OS etc....cue what about the apps :)

This was for att 950 USA running .107 going to slow ring .122

When resetting the phone, is it better to erase the sd card too? I just got a 640 a week ago and updated it to windows 10 and now just updated it again tonight. I was going to do a hard reset as it not my primary phone and just got it for the purpose of playing around with Windows 10 because I might jump from Android to windows and wanted to be sure first, so it's not like I might regret doing it. Just if it made a difference with apps installed on the sd card afterwards..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tofferne

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Reinstall the phone by the programme recoverytool, download it to your PC, and use USB cable between phone and PC, then you are back to the original version of Windows.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Build 10586.122 now available

Build 10586.122 now available, switch to Slow or Preview on Insider and it should be available

Yep, that is what I had to do to get it on my 640xl. For some reason my Windows Insider was not set up at all when I went in to change the setting.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep, that is what I had to do to get it on my 640xl. For some reason my Windows Insider was not set up at all when I went in to change the setting.

Why would this update skip fast ring? I'm confused why I'd need to change to slow, reboot, install update, the change back to fast, reboot. Seems like a recipe for future update issues.

Lumia 1520

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Because MS wants the Slow or Production Ring to test out the official version of W10M before it is released while the Fast Ring is for the people who wants to test W10M Red Stone Release.

Matthew Todd

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an Lumia 830 bought directly from Microsoft unlocked, if I read this correctly, I cannot get this latest update without a firmware update. That firmware update is only with AT&T. Can I get this update if I use someone's AT&T sim to get it? Can I use the phone recovery tool to get it? THanks.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
So that means at older phones and cannot get RS are forced to wait until it's released for our phones. Now that doesn't seem fair now, does it?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Switched to slow ring and got .122. No problems at all.
L830.. smooth as hell. No crashes.
Usage...Edge, WC app, telegram, Wapps, FB, Messenging (skype integrated, with Skype app logged out)...
Usually I take lots photos and edit with Creative studio & Fantasia Painter, but haven't got around to that yet.
Battery life, no noticeable difference from before. 8-10 hours on medium to heavy use

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from 8.1 to this build on my Samsung ATIV S via hack and apart from the store crashing all the time, I only have one problem so far:

When I play music (local MP3s via Groove App, latest update) and I press the next-track button on the volume-button overlay, the next track's name wiggles around for 1+ second and after this finally the music starts. Is this normal? Because this kinda s*cks and should be fixed.

Also, Groove Music has a blank icon on the app list (the live tile works fine)...

Yes, that's everywhere, MS is still working on it(hope)

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Regarding battery on .122

My 735, 820 & 830 was upgraded from a factory resetted .107 . "Skype video" is signed out. "Skype for consumer" signed in. A few IMAP e-mail accounts active. The 735 has no SIM card inserted for the moment.

After 12h laying side by side on a bench athome after 100% charge this morning..

L735 87%
L820 75%
L830 78%

After 24h from 100% charge.

L735 74% (no SIM card in this phone)
L820 37%
L830 60%

After 13h from 100% charge
L925 75%
L930 78%

Miro E

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Did you maybe check that while you were charging your phone...because flashlight doesn't work while the phone is on charger...

Belino

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Everything is fine here lumia 640. My problem is the Groove app, sometimes it closes for no reason, I guess it's because of the SD card, besides that this build is quite solid. Camera app also needs a big improvement, it's not on pair with the one in win 8.1 yet, Photo quality is lower.

Last edited:

Rossgn

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have unlocked 950, after last update became totally useless, even the start screen is not appearing. I reset it twice and still the same.
Even recovered it and upgraded again with clean installation, after the upgrade the same story.

Missed to mention, Dual SIM version.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa