New update 10586.122

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it is just me that battery drain too fast in this build. It makes me to set the brightness to low level. If i dont use my phone to open some apps, the battery is going well. But when i use some app, my phone getting hot and drain my battery

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it is just me that battery drain too fast in this build. It makes me to set the brightness to low level. If i dont use my phone to open some apps, the battery is going well. But when i use some app, my phone getting hot and drain my battery

yes, Facebook, Whatsapp, everything using gps navigation and Skype are the most drainin apps

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I was looking to see if I could assign ringtones to friends, but it still shows an app is required. The 950 XL is on 1004 build, and I can assign ringtones, but the 950 XL has network problems,
WiFi crashes, and I'm unable to send feedback using the phone, so I rely on the Nokia 520, with build 122, or the PC to send it. I just received build 122 yesterday, and had not a chance to
test other things with it.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Is WM10 working fine for you on 1320? Ive had heating and freezing issues on my 1320 and not to mention a drastic reduction in battery life. I rolled back to 8.1 3 builds back.

If you'll forgive the hijack, I wanted to weigh in on this. I basically bought a 1320 a couple of weeks ago having never had a Windows phone before (always BlackBerry or Android). By coincidence, I read about the Windows Insider program and joined immediately, so I basically went right to WM10 without ever using an earlier Windows Phone version. My experiences:

1) No matter what else I might say, running WM10 successfully on a 2-year-old piece of relatively low-spec hardware is super cool.
2) Phone works pretty well, but I do have freezing issues on a daily basis. They seem to happen randomly upon returning to Start screen.
3) Battery life is outstanding, the best I have ever seen among the dozen or so smartphones I have owned. I lose 2-3% battery overnight and I once went into the afternoon at work still at 100% despite having used the phone periodically to check and manage email and BBM with my wife (BlackBerry user). The BBM app kinda sucks, though.
4) Love the WM10 interface, nicest OS I have tried, but the app gap on Windows is an issue.

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
yes, Facebook, Whatsapp, everything using gps navigation and Skype are the most drainin apps

But it is faster than before. In latest build, my phone "freeze"ed and "resuming" sometimes, but the battery going well. In this build, the freezing and resuming problem is gone, but the battery is bad.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, at least on my AT&T branded 950, my Glance screen options---->Background picture: On---> Color or Black and white not working at all...worked successfully on 10586.107...Hard reset performed complete clean install---no backup.:shocked: Outlook.com email sync still has issues...long time to sync....this was 'apparently corrected in 10586.122--->with WiFi:

'Improved the email sync experiences when connecting to Wi-Fi networks with a captive portal.'

Armand Wilhelm1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I am confused. I am in slow ring and yesterday build 10586.164 was offered but preparing install failed and still not possible to get it. I am on Lumia 640. Now there seems to be a lower version for slow ring 10586.122 but my phone still offers 10586.164 which won't install.

Do I have to switch to another ring again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am confused. I am in slow ring and yesterday build 10586.164 was offered but preparing install failed and still not possible to get it. I am on Lumia 640. Now there seems to be a lower version for slow ring 10586.122 but my phone still offers 10586.164 which won't install.

Do I have to switch to another ring again?

In Slow and Release there's the same build, 164. Try a soft reset and update again. Seems a local server problem. Don't need to switch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05