Go from Insider Preview to the Official Release

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have asked this a bunch of times in the comment section of the articles pertaining to Windows 10 Mobile, but just get unrelated answers or smart ** ones. Can someone give a serious and honest response? What will we need to go from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview to the official Windows 10 Mobile release? Will we have to roll back or anything? Hard reset the phone? Etc? Thanks in advance.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
From what I understand, it is as simple as changing from whatever ring to the Production/Stop Insider Preview Builds Ring in the Windows Insider app.

I've not read any official documentation to suggest anything more is needed, but as always, your mileage may vary on whether or not a hard reset is needed/useful.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Gabe Aul usually tweets what will need to happen to get released builds (whether previews or official). Windows Central will then announced it, so it's just a waiting game until the official release.

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
If you are now on insider build.. Change to production and wait till the new official release.. And if you really can't handle with the insider build you can pull back to latest official release by using WDRT..

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what build you are on currently.

As far as we know, the "official" release will be 10586.(some number equal or greater than what's in preview now).

If you are already on a preview build of 10586, just change back to the Production ring. You'll stay on whatever build you have until the official one becomes available. If you want the official build, but a little earlier than when it's generally available, use the Release Preview ring. On the off chance that the released version ends up being the same build you already have, congratulations, you're already there!

If you are on a newer build, 14xxx a.k.a "Redstone" - these are higher build numbers and the only way to go back is with a flash to earlier version using WDRT or similar tools.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the Production ring yesterday, and got a ...164 update right after. Is this possibly an official one since i'm not an insider anymore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon