W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

PatmanSeven

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Best one yet on my 928, fast and smooth, but Bing rewards live tile is there but not live. Battery life appears to be about 20% better than before, no more worries if it will make it through the day. I know battery life improvement was only supposed to be a minor improvement on this one, but on my phone the battery life is now as good as 8.1.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
who els has a nokia lumia 520 using windows 10, last update was very slow running , hoe this will fix my isssu.
an other problem is messaging app sucks, it loads messages very slow even after i clear all messages from notifications itr appears on live tile

I own a 520 in W10 as daily driver with more and more satisfaction since december

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
after this update, my outlook is crashing to desktop when trying to open it, every time....tried a soft reset, same thing, lumia 1020 slow ring - no more email for me for now then :crying:
After you did the update, did you go into store, check for updates? I found app updates there. Outlook is working on my 640. Also, after you update a bunch of apps, do another soft reset.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i did, yes, in fact i *think* it might have been the last outlook update, as opposed to the OS update that has caused it

After you did the update, did you go into store, check for updates? I found app updates there. Outlook is working on my 640. Also, after you update a bunch of apps, do another soft reset.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
On first update from W8.1m to W10m all keyboards except english must be removed, and this instruction is generaly missing. All builds 10586. xxx do not work at all on LUMIA 640 XL DS, or it works a few days and than phone starts to heat, restart and generaly be unusable. I'm afraid, Microsoft has forgothen a difference in SOC between LUMIA 640 LTE and 640 XL DS non LTE. First is Snapdragon 400 version 8926, and second is version 8226. So i'm afraid that even final build won't work good on 640 XL DS. Can anyone help and fix this. 640 was announced as first future w10m phone, but after expensive 950 rollout, seems MS has forgothen on it.
Some people mentioned it worked better for them, if they turned off one sim. I assume DS means dual sim?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone running this build on a L830?
I went back to 8.1 about two weeks ago as my Wi-Fi connection kept dropping at Work!

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

DCTonkaTruck

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
after this update, my outlook is crashing to desktop when trying to open it, every time....tried a soft reset, same thing, lumia 1020 slow ring - no more email for me for now then :crying:

I am having the same problem on my Lumia Icon! The update was installed overnight and now Outlook Mail and Calendar crashes to the start screen. I've tried turning the phone off... then holding down the power button til the phone reboots. Anything else I might try?

UPDATE ---> I updated the store, then re-ran "Check for Updates" and found an app update for Mail & Calendar. That fixed it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I get the feeling that this upgrade is going to take a long time to be really stable, bug free, issue free and final before it reaches the public

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Lumia Icon! The update was installed overnight and now Outlook Mail and Calendar crashes to the start screen. I've tried turning the phone off... then holding down the power button til the phone reboots. Anything else I might try?

Another insider noticed Outlook wasn't in installed apps list, so I suggested him to return to Store and check for updates. Elsewhere, Try on Store searching Outlook official and install directly

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I am having a problem with my 950XL and 10586.164 OS build connecting Continuum wirelessly to an LG webOS smart-TV. The connection worked initially when the phone was all new and I had no software updates made. I used to be a fast ring insider with the 1004 OS build and noticed that the Continuum didn't work wirelessly with my television so I decided to roll back 164 which I got as an update even if I am no longer in any of insider rings. I thought it would have helped. It did not.

The Miracast adapter of the television did work and works with my Windows 10 laptop - so the problem is not with the television. It must be the phone.

It looks like the connection times out - the television reports that the phone attempts to connect, but then nothing happens and finally the phone reports that "we did not get any signal from the device".

Any idea how to solve this?

crg1970

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with location/maps/waze? Using my Lumia 1520 previous windows 10 insider builds had location broken (froze, could not find maps, etc.). Insider build .122 fixed it, but .164 appears to be broken again.

Example: Open Waze. It finds the current location find. Select a place to directions to. It finds a route, but then it says Seeking GPS/Not Found or something like that and it doesn't work after that, stays in the same place. If it ever gets gps signal, it is only for a few seconds and then it kind of freezes and doesn't move. After a few minutes, again it says seeking GPS signal.

This all worked perfectly in 8.1, from same locations. Checking Insider Hub a lot of people had this problem with previous builds. But if they fixed it in .122 I can't understand why it is broken again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems with location/maps/waze? Using my Lumia 1520 previous windows 10 insider builds had location broken (froze, could not find maps, etc.). Insider build .122 fixed it, but .164 appears to be broken again.

Example: Open Waze. It finds the current location find. Select a place to directions to. It finds a route, but then it says Seeking GPS/Not Found or something like that and it doesn't work after that, stays in the same place. If it ever gets gps signal, it is only for a few seconds and then it kind of freezes and doesn't move. After a few minutes, again it says seeking GPS signal.

This all worked perfectly in 8.1, from same locations. Checking Insider Hub a lot of people had this problem with previous builds. But if they fixed it in .122 I can't understand why it is broken again.

Did you enabled the Localization Toggle in Action Center on top of screen?

Jean Claude Lopez

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
All my Access Point settings are "inactive" and I have no internet connection. I called my carrier and they reset my settings, if that doesn't work I'm going to assume that this build broke it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05