W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, this is annoying...

Last night, after updating to 14283 and seeing more bugs (and none fixed from 14267)... I finally decided to jump off the Insider branch, go to production so I could start using Cortana again, music in the vehicle, etc... (none was working on any redstone builds on my Lumia 950XL).

I used the Windows Recovery Tool, went to production, started from scratch, spent hours reconfiguring the phone, setting up, installing apps, etc...

Then BAM, my phone installs 10586.167 at 3:00AM.

Now I can't open some apps (authenticator, 6tag, Twitter, BBM, etc...).

This is getting so annoying.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, this is annoying...

Last night, after updating to 14283 and seeing more bugs (and none fixed from 14267)... I finally decided to jump off the Insider branch, go to production so I could start using Cortana again, music in the vehicle, etc... (none was working on any redstone builds on my Lumia 950XL).

I used the Windows Recovery Tool, went to production, started from scratch, spent hours reconfiguring the phone, setting up, installing apps, etc...

Then BAM, my phone installs 10586.167 at 3:00AM.

Now I can't open some apps (authenticator, 6tag, Twitter, BBM, etc...).

This is getting so annoying.

Let them update... are pending?

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
OLD PROBLEMS AND BUGS BACK..L720.
--> loading and resuming screen when jumping to start screen or closing most apps.
--> the back button response is terrifying..it takes 2-3 seconds to respond in some apps.
-->some live tiles go fully blank or of a solid color,,until i replace them again from the app list.

DO SHARE IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING SUCH PROBLEMS..

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Let them update... are pending?

No they aren't pending. Some open and show the splash, then crash, others just crash as soon as opening them. Only way to fix is to uninstall, and then install again.

But I'm noticing other issues as well.

Time for yet another hard reset (I don't even restore from backups anymore because it causes issues with apps that it restores).

I'm seriously wondering if there's a bug that hasn't been discovered yet that has something to do with updates for non-US users, or apps for long time users that is causing issues with the update migrations not performing properly...

Doesn't matter if I'm running production, or Insider builds, whenever an update occur it never runs properly. This is occurring even after using the recovery tool and going back to production builds with my 950XL Dual SIM.

I just don't get it...

Last edited:

Hugo Souto

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
On my 930 (.164) i can't open Lumia Camera, download the app, installed, but when i try to open it, just open microsoft camera, how u can use lumia camera app?

Hugo Souto

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
On my 640, best build so far.
For the past three previous builds, the phone was increasingly slow. Phone app took roughly 15 seconds to open, Photos app 10 seconds, Whatsapp 7 seconds and so on.

I did a hard reset before updating to .164 (and got a working Lumia Camera back as a nice surprise), and now they open almost instantly.
I also noticed that the Storage Sense usage details refreshes way faster than before, both on internal memory and SD card.
Alarm was always ok to me.
On the previous build, my pc couldn't detect my phone anymore, but I have yet to try it on this one.
Overall performance is really good, so if you are suffering from the same problems, it's a nice idea to give it a try, but I restored my backup in the process, instead of the recommended fresh start.

It's also worth pointing out that hard reseting freed a nice amount of system memory usage (in Storage Sense), reducing it to 4.4GB (was around 4.8 before). To my surprise, after updating to .164 and updating all the apps, the amount was further reduced to 3.8GB. A very welcomed free space.

And I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I'm downloading a build and it fails, when I try it again, the required space goes drastically higher than it was originally (in the previous build download, from around 850MB to 1.23GB), and this was the culprit that motivated me to hard reset, since I had nothing else to remove to free actually more than the required space, and the system apps do a poor job in internal memory consumption.

On my 930 (.164) i can't open Lumia Camera, download the app, installed, but when i try to open it, just open microsoft camera, how u can use lumia camera app?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Lumia Camera was dismissed on W10 weeks ago, only someone stll could use it by previous backup, but it will not last a lot

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm disappointed Cortana is still unable to read and answer incoming messages as 8.1 :crying:
The only hand free feature I miss.
About other things, she is quite perfect

Last edited:

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Is the Outlook Calendar live tile still not showing date for your guys in the build? For the last build I had to do the "add an event" trick, but that lasted only for 3, 4 days.

MrKappa

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
In my case (L730 + SP3 both on .164), works flawlessly.
it's a shame that after many releases this is still broken on some devices. I know this bug occurs on L720 and L820. In some others has been fixed recently. I hope they fix before I change my phone.....

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys, my mail app crashes when opening. Anyway to fix this? I'm on 10586.164 L920

Edit: Okay, I got it sorted. Apparently, there was an update pending at the Store. Carry on then.

Last edited:

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday i did another attempt of installing .164 in slow ring on w8.1 (lumia 640 xl ds - dual sim) . This time without second sim card, but results are just a bit better - phone is still barely usable. It is still warm and randomly restarts. In restart it shows airplane mode. Now all tiles was multiplicated and flashing one over other. Now I feel despite and have no idea what to do. Please help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb