W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Also, yesterday my phone froze about 6-8 times during the day and only a soft reset would fix it. Today I went the whole day without needing one. Personally I don't think this W10 is ready for primetime just yet.

Edit: Also, I'm not getting LTE. Hopefully it sorts itself out in time like the freezing problem.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday i did another attempt of installing .164 in slow ring on w8.1 (lumia 640 xl ds - dual sim) . This time without second sim card, but results are just a bit better - phone is still barely usable. It is still warm and randomly restarts. In restart it shows airplane mode. Now all tiles was multiplicated and flashing one over other. Now I feel despite and have no idea what to do. Please help!
My 640xl dual sim (.164) is getting pretty warm as well. Didn't have that problem with .122.
Battery is draining faster though. 4.2% per hour. Not good. I used to be able to get 2 days out of my battery, now it's giving me an estimate of 14 hrs. With minimal use.

I really can't believe MS is selling phones with builds just a little better than .164. That takes either huge balls or complete stupidity. Every build I've had has been a train wreck compared to 8.1.1 (hell, even 7 ran better than 10 does). I never, ever had to restart my phone with 8, I'm doing it, or the phone is, at least once a day. If they don't straighten w10m out soon, Windows Phone is done. Someone needs to step in and take control of windows phone like Phil Spencer did with Xbox.

Last edited:

enriqueinter

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim as well, I just installed build .164 from wp 8.1, but just right after the installation I hard resetted the phone and i have no problems of heating or anything, battery seems the same as before (i will measure it properly tomorrow) What I notice is that Windows camera is still not as good as Lumia camera 5, which I had before. But maybe in next builds that will get better or with future updates of the camera app.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim as well, I just installed build .164 from wp 8.1, but just right after the installation I hard resetted the phone and i have no problems of heating or anything, battery seems the same as before (i will measure it properly tomorrow) What I notice is that Windows camera is still not as good as Lumia camera 5, which I had before. But maybe in next builds that will get better or with future updates of the camera app.
You mean soft reset? Because HW reset is just taking of battery

enriqueinter

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Nop, its the other way around, hard reset is going back to default factory settings, (Confguration -> System -> About -> Reset your phone).
Soft reset is when u press vol up and power button which is equivalent to removing the battery

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 730:

Equaliser resets every time. Can't save custom preset.
Colour & brightness profile reverts back to default after locking screen (not always but it does quite often). All sliders stays according to what I set but actual colour profile stays default. I need to tap on one of sliders to apply my settings.
While swiping on start screen Image happens sometimes. (It didn't happen after another hard reset)
Still unable to download keyboard and speech data.
App list has inconsistency in transparency. Sometimes it's dark and sometimes it's fully transparent.

File Explorer crashes every time after every single operation.
Many of system/MS apps (From Groove to MSN) have live tile problem & couple of them have just square boxes as icons in list + some apps have their own different problems.

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
In this build, so far is good except resuming and force close problem (for some apps, almost 3rd party software). The battery is good (in build .122 the battery is bad. I had to charge my phone 3-4 times a day). And additional problem is i couldnt connect to my wireless speaker

630 here

Souradeep47

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Using this build 10586.164 on my Lumia 730 since yesterday with hard reset. Till now everything works fine, and battery backup too seems quite good for now. But still have those same issues (song name flickering, app list bug, etc), but I am happy most of them are fixed in the latest redstone build. I have not experienced any app crashes till now. This build seems very stable!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I really can't believe MS is selling phones with builds just a little better than .164. That takes either huge balls or complete stupidity. Every build I've had has been a train wreck compared to 8.1.1 (hell, even 7 ran better than 10 does). I never, ever had to restart my phone with 8, I'm doing it, or the phone is, at least once a day. If they don't straighten w10m out soon, Windows Phone is done. Someone needs to step in and take control of windows phone like Phil Spencer did with Xbox.

Those phones were meant for this build and innocent people don't know any better. You have to realize us "Insiders" know much more than basic consumers.
Everyone that I know, that doesn't know what I know about their phone is VERY happy with their new phone, also happy with performance.
So I suppose it's all relative.
It seems the major complainers are in here :)

Its_Anindya

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Off topic:
Can't update build 10586.164, Error code 0x800f081f
My phone is running the build 10586.122 . I have been trying to update to build 10586.164 since 3 days. My phone downloads the new build, but shows this error code 0x800f081f each time the installation touches 100% and starts over again. Tried both soft and hard reset but the problem still persists. Can anyone help me on this?

Newguru

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
With this last build, the only problem I'm seeing is some tiles don't update or are live in any way. Two of them are facebook or facebook beta, and the Win 10 Windows Central app. I receive the notifications just fine, but the tiles are not live, in any way, shape or form. I'm using a Lumia 950 Dual Sim unlocked, with the latest firmware installed.

I have soft reset the phone, but did not hard reset it. I'm not using an SD card.

Anyone else having live tile problems with this build?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
With this last build, the only problem I'm seeing is some tiles don't update or are live in any way. Two of them are facebook or facebook beta, and the Win 10 Windows Central app. I receive the notifications just fine, but the tiles are not live, in any way, shape or form. I'm using a Lumia 950 Dual Sim unlocked, with the latest firmware installed.

I have soft reset the phone, but did not hard reset it. I'm not using an SD card.

Anyone else having live tile problems with this build?

Did uninstall and reinstall of that apps?

Newguru

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
@Maurizio Troso. I installed Facebook beta after the build update. Had the Facebook app previously. The beta one still doesn't update the live tile. I'll try reinstalling the Windows Central app, but I doubt it'll make any difference.

Thanks for your reply.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having all number of issues with this build, edge doesnt stay in multitasking, meet'm refuses to load, taking photos causes a reboot, whatsapp reboots periodically, alarms stopped working, going to have to roll back, but annoying that i cant run meet'm to backup my chats before rolling back and losing them :(

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Still issues with syncing Outlook.com email app and updated Outlook People app contacts...On a AT&T branded 950, complete clean hard reset performed ...no backups...Feedback threads show 'these issues'.....a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05