W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having all number of issues with this build, edge doesnt stay in multitasking, meet'm refuses to load, taking photos causes a reboot, whatsapp reboots periodically, alarms stopped working, going to have to roll back, but annoying that i cant run meet'm to backup my chats before rolling back and losing them :(

Dude , just do a hard reset already

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen many people complain about battery life on this build, so I must be one of the lucky ones. I haven't been able to make it through the day with my 950XL lately. Before the update to 164 I didn't struggle as much.

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I did a hard reset on this build for the first time on my 950 and I would have to say if any thing it has made my phone worse then before and I didn't restore from any back ups either so people say hard reset fixed everything I would have to say not for me

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it ?? As MS has stated that all Lumia would support USB OTG.

Wrong, search better, all Windows 10 born will support surely. A normal micro usb port got a diode protection for let voltage in and stabiilyze. And OTG on the contrary needs a dual way voltage pin, the normal (in) for recharging battery, the reverse (out) for givin voltage to usb device. And that requires a complete different wiring.

That's the electronic basis of the OTG feature. SImply search on Wiky. Old phones can't be OTG

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
MS never stated that. For now USB OTG is only limited to the WMs that came with a USB-C connector.

Nope,not necessary. But with new W10m mobiles which will have some specific hardware which will be used for USB OTG. W8/8.1 phones didn't have that particular hardware that's why they wont support .

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen many people complain about battery life on this build, so I must be one of the lucky ones. I haven't been able to make it through the day with my 950XL lately. Before the update to 164 I didn't struggle as much.
beacus ethe battery life for this build is awesome, I can last for almost two full days without charging. and I use my phone quite regularly, check FB/Twitter(I am social media manager for a orgnization), browsing on Edge and play light games while waiting for bus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077