W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
A few minor bugs on my Lumia 640, but nothing to stop this from being a daily driver. The worst for me is lack of Data Usage showing when on cellular data. I think all data is being classified as Wi-Fi. Also, unable to install certain apps from the store that error every time: Gestures & Touch, Lumia Motion Data, Lumia Help+Tips, Rate Your Device. The error message asks me to override my setting to install new apps on the SD card. Even if I choose to override the apps error out. Even if I change the main storage setting to install apps on device updating these apps error out. So far, unable to see or install the latest Outlook and Calendar app--does not show in store.

However, other things people are complaining about are not a problem: battery life, calendar, crashing. None of those. Generally, works fast and fluid. I'm using the old ProShot (due for an update to W10) camera app, and it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Bunch of other non-Microsoft apps are working well too.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded the build last week, Lumia 735, I did NOT do a hard reset, should I?
I'm having no problems from what I can tell. I know they say a hard reset is best, but dang it's running really smooth, no crashes or stutters not even resuming or loading issues, it's just really fast and smooth.

I am however really enjoying this build. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the build last week, Lumia 735, I did NOT do a hard reset, should I?
I'm having no problems from what I can tell. I know they say a hard reset is best, but dang it's running really smooth, no crashes or stutters not even resuming or loading issues, it's just really fast and smooth.

I am however really enjoying this build. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

What can you say about the difference in battery life from 8.1? How many days does it last in this build?

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
What can you say about the difference in battery life from 8.1? How many days does it last in this build?

TBH I get through the day as well as on 8.1 with moderate to heavy usage.
Imvho battery seems great to me.

This is my first time downloading any win 10 build on my phone and I'm glad I did, I love it!
I literally have not encountered 1 problem yet, all my apps including WhatsApp works great. Photos, messaging, outlook, syncing to my laptop and desktop work great.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
A few minor bugs on my Lumia 640, but nothing to stop this from being a daily driver. The worst for me is lack of Data Usage showing when on cellular data. I think all data is being classified as Wi-Fi. Also, unable to install certain apps from the store that error every time: Gestures & Touch, Lumia Motion Data, Lumia Help+Tips, Rate Your Device. The error message asks me to override my setting to install new apps on the SD card. Even if I choose to override the apps error out. Even if I change the main storage setting to install apps on device updating these apps error out. So far, unable to see or install the latest Outlook and Calendar app--does not show in store.

However, other things people are complaining about are not a problem: battery life, calendar, crashing. None of those. Generally, works fast and fluid. I'm using the old ProShot (due for an update to W10) camera app, and it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Bunch of other non-Microsoft apps are working well too.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

For error installing: Check other related apps on sd card and move them on phone. Example: Equalizer and sound.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
TBH I get through the day as well as on 8.1 with moderate to heavy usage.
Imvho battery seems great to me.

This is my first time downloading any win 10 build on my phone and I'm glad I did, I love it!
I literally have not encountered 1 problem yet, all my apps including WhatsApp works great. Photos, messaging, outlook, syncing to my laptop and desktop work great.

I'm just curious, I'm using a 735 with 8.1 update 2 and my battery seems to last 3 days with moderate usage, why your only last 1 day?

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
mjyumping I use my phone a lot these days between work and personal. Now mind you after a long day about say 11pm at night I generally have between 10%-30% left. I charge every night regardless. Hope this helps.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This latest update on my Alcatel didn't fix the Wi-Fi randomly dropping.
The calendar tile did start updating finally.
Outlook still has it's problem.
The WC app still crashes.
Camera still sucks.
SD card always needs scanning after reboot (could be hardware)

Not real excited about 10 lately.
😑

Sent from mTalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope,not necessary. But with new W10m mobiles which will have some specific hardware which will be used for USB OTG. W8/8.1 phones didn't have that particular hardware that's why they wont support .

I was stating the facts here and your "not necessary" comment doesn't have any proof to back it up. Microsoft hasn't enabled OTG and MAY NOT enable the feature even though the hardware MAY support it, which at this point only a Nokia/Microsoft engineer can confirm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss