W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having a problem with mobile data connection after installing this update. Can't connect to the internet and notification from Whatsapp very late and slow. Any advice?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
A few minor bugs on my Lumia 640, but nothing to stop this from being a daily driver. The worst for me is lack of Data Usage showing when on cellular data. I think all data is being classified as Wi-Fi. Also, unable to install certain apps from the store that error every time: Gestures & Touch, Lumia Motion Data, Lumia Help+Tips, Rate Your Device. The error message asks me to override my setting to install new apps on the SD card. Even if I choose to override the apps error out. Even if I change the main storage setting to install apps on device updating these apps error out. So far, unable to see or install the latest Outlook and Calendar app--does not show in store.

Open storage sense those apps are installed on your sd card, move them to the device and it will update after that

Sent from mTalk

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not so sure about that but will check with my operator regarding the APN. It is not that I could not connect to the Internet but the connection is very slow. Whatsapp's notifications arrive very late. But can't surf the Internet and my weather tile is not updating.

Did you check if your data APN's have not been reset in cellular settings?

Shane Richardson1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Since I have installed this update, Windows Central no longer works on my phone. I have done hard and soft resets, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Central app. It doesn't matter, it will not even open.

Darkherring

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm still on the 107 build and getting the 0x8018830f error. Is there a way for bypassing it? I've done the hard reset, but it didn't help. Is the only way to revert to 8.1 and back to win10?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the 107 build and getting the 0x8018830f error. Is there a way for bypassing it? I've done the hard reset, but it didn't help. Is the only way to revert to 8.1 and back to win10?

If I remember well, there was one of some old build they cannot upgrade directly. Only going back to 8.1 and then entering in Insider, slow or release ring

fahadaslam2000

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
That, and also, Glance is now missing after I hard reset my phone just before downloading .164. This was my first hard reset ever since I bought my 640 an year back. There was no problem after upgrading to w10m back in november. But recently got my phone's LCD changed, so Microsoft Device Care suggested me to hard reset for the new hardware. And now in this update, the phone has glance on, but nowhere can I see it in settings or update it or change it and in the store it says its not available for my device, and second problem is that my keyboard stops taking keystrokes after a few seconds of using it. It will stay constant, minimize on its own, then pop up, take up few more strokes then it'll minimize again and won't appear again untill I restart my phone. And it happens in all of the languages I've in for the keyboard.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Since I have installed this update, Windows Central no longer works on my phone. I have done hard and soft resets, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Central app. It doesn't matter, it will not even open.

for me, it was the update to build 22 of the windows central app for mobile. .164 was running just fine with .21 but something must have changed in .22 of the app causing it to crash as soon as you try and open it.
Not sure if its a rendering thing that is making it crash but I can see the top bar load where the top left hamburger menu button appears and the search icon appears on the top right then it crashes.
miss the app on my phone.

Zandur Khan

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
So just got this build on my default 950XL and did some speed testing since it felt silk smooth.
All Apps where tested from cold start and launch time was recorded:

Outlook 1 second
Spotify 5 seconds
WhatsApp 1.5 seconds
Word 3 seconds
Twitter 3 seconds
Weather 1.2 seconds
Calender 1.2 seconds
Edge (Google) 2.17 seconds
FaceBook 3 seconds
Groove 1.33 seconds
Netflix 13.3 seconds
Tubecast 6.88 seconds
Camera 1.81 seconds

System is running smooth and very stable.
Power: Well always tricky but today I am 5 hours into the day. I would say that it has been a medium use (music, edge, mail and some candy crush) power is at 78%. Estimate (without powersave) is currently 17 hours left. Well as it turns out this build has the worst battery time. I am used to go to bed with 25-40% power but build 164 died at 19.00. It lasted only 13 hours with medium usage. Seems like improved build quality came at the expense of power consumption.

Last edited:

Shahwar Zia

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
There is no sd card on lumia 925.. I've tried the press and hold button method and the phone doesn't vibrate.. instead only the windows button lights up... and no matter what I do the recovery tool doesn't recognize the device..

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Cortana reminded me of a 7.30pm appointment at 8.30pm. Looks like our girl didn't remember to spring forward.
did you remember to enable the DST on your MS account/ Google account as well as your phone and all other devices. because I sometimes just forget to enable one of my device, most often is the android one since I don't use it as main device, it will mess up all my time when Daylight saving time changed.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
did you remember to enable the DST on your MS account/ Google account as well as your phone and all other devices. because I sometimes just forget to enable one of my device, most often is the android one since I don't use it as main device, it will mess up all my time when Daylight saving time changed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I have one too many devices syncing. Four cell phones and two PCs. So maybe one of those is throwing things off. It hasn't fixed itself yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss