W10M Insider Preview 10586.164 Issues (Threshold branch)

Emanuel Manole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Subway/metro usually is not the place to take calls or use the phone. Most people don't realize that using the phone in the metro drains more battery than usual due to the tower signal having less coverage.

Nu faceam nimic pe telefon, doar am vrut sa verific bateria . Stiu ca ceva nu e in regula fiindca cat eram pe 8.1 nu se intampla problema asta , nu mai zic ca stateam si pe internet cat eram in metrou..Chiar si acum vad *** scade bateria cate putin fara sa il utilizez.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well something bad is happening with the battery. First day the battery was just good but now is bad..today i saw my battery at 38%, the second time i looked at my phone , it was just 30% without anything beeing opened, wifi off, everything , i was just waiting at the metro . I don't know what to say anymore..I don't want to go back to 8.1 , but I can't stay with this battery life either..(lumia 1320) .

Did you noticed heating? The same happened to me with 8.1 on 520 when standin by my mate for hour in my car in a underground parking of a mall >.<

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
hei, if you are a pc tech, can you explain why if i soft reset my phone, the battery drains like 10%?

It drain if you normally reboot too. I notice that in win10 notebook, when disablig Fast boot option.
In Windows10, normal boot is heavyer and longer than 8. Same on phones, you can noticed it on old dual cores.
There's no caching on sd card, in notebook boot caching is on hard disk

EDIT: I red somewhere in tech magazines than win10 doubled the numbers of linecodes than 8. Who knows on Win10 mobile...

Emanuel Manole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It drain if you normally reboot too. I notice that in win10 notebook, when disablig Fast boot option.
In Windows10, normal boot is heavyer and longer than 8. Same on phones, you can noticed it on old dual cores.
There's no caching on sd card, in notebook boot caching is on hard disk

So...it's a normal thing , not a bug

Emanuel Manole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It's common on all Windows 10 phones. I would like to know if is the same on last android and iOs.
Battery optimization is not good for now. Marshmallows and iOs takes months for findin battery fixes, I hope MS will be a little faster

Can a new firmware bring more stability and better battery performance?

Siyabonga Bhengu

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Please help........ :unhappysweat: Was running Preview Build 10586.164 for a week on a Lumia 920 and really impressed with it.
I left my phone on the charger today, when i came back it was off. It does not power up. Please help

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Please help........ :unhappysweat: Was running Preview Build 10586.164 for a week on a Lumia 920 and really impressed with it.
I left my phone on the charger today, when i came back it was off. It does not power up. Please help

was the charger properly inserted? Or was there power in the socket? Try charging again from a different socket outlet or using a usb port on a pc

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
For example:
I try to copy link or text from outlook mail to paste it in messaging (Skype) or fb mess or even edge. The paste button is greyed out.
Try to copy a text that is written by me in a field (be it in messaging, fb mess, edge) the copy icon does not show up when I long press. I can only copy what is already written, but of course I cannot paste it.

I am thinking that the bug may be related to having my personal phone activated for corporate use ( I have my work e-mail ).
E-mail is managed by Intune and maybe some policy is set to not be able to copy paste? Idk, but if it is so, it is just dumb.

I think this is a bug. I experience this too, and unlike you, my phone (L920) isn't for cooperate use or whatsoever. Copy and paste of texts (from one app to the other) is a bit of a struggle. Within Edge though, I noticed you don't need the Copy/Paste buttons. Just long press on the highlighted text to bring up the Copy/Paste bar and the long press again on the text field where you want to Paste (still within Edge.) Even at that, it's still a struggle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb