Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

It's awful. I don't receive any sound notifications now. No alarm sounds. The phone runs super hot just browsing then Internet or sending emails. I'll be rolling back today.

Kartijno

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I hope fixed annoying bugs in Continuum feature... for example : Mouse pointer do not works well when i use phone as mouse

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

I've had the phone freeze twice while trying to wake it; the pin code keypad would not appear, and neither touch nor buttons were responsive. Had to do a soft reboot to wake it up both times. This had never occurred with any previous insider version.

The Band2 sync went well once I changed the language from English (US) to English (Canada).

Update: The L950 keeps locking up when trying to awaken it. Before this happens there is no glance screen apparent, just a blank screen. It wakes up to the point where the pin code keypad should appear but it never does. I hate to think that I have to reboot it every time I'll be taking it out of my pocket today.

Further Update: Have not had any issues with the L950 freezing since this AM.

Last edited:

Eric Rankin

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I am having major problems with this build on my 950. My Wifi quit working completely this morning (couldn't see a Wifi adapter), required reboot. I had a spontaneous reboot while just using the start menu. I just had a complete freeze that required a soft reset--all that was showing was my lock screen image (which was also reset to default by the build). Upon coming back up from the reset, it tells me my SD card is having problems and needs to be scanned/fixed. Still scanning. Apps installed on SD are unavailable. Hopefully it is able to fix whatever happened. I've only been using this version for a few hours!

Update: Scan finished with no indication as to whether it found/fixed anything but SD card was still unavailable. A subsequent restart didn't immediately fix the problem, but within a couple minutes the grayed out icons representing apps on the SD card became accessible again.

I'm back to business for the time being, but if this keeps up, I'll be rolling back to a non-Redstone build.

Another Update: Two minutes later, frozen on the lock screen image again. Looks like this build is unusable--at least for my phone. This is the first time I've had issues like this with a preview build.

Final Update: Apparently it just needed to mess with me for a while. Its been absolutely fine all day long. I just don't understand the tantrum it threw this morning!

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I having major problems with this build on my 950. My Wifi quit working completely this morning (couldn't see a Wifi adapter), required reboot. I had a spontaneous reboot while just using the start menu. I just had a complete freeze that required a soft reset--all that was showing was my lock screen image (which was also reset to default by the build). Upon coming back up from the reset, it tells me my SD card is having problems and needs to be scanned/fixed. Still scanning. Apps installed on SD are unavailable. Hopefully it is able to fix whatever happened. I've only been using this version for a few hours!

Update: Scan finished with no indication as to whether it found/fixed anything but SD card was still unavailable. A subsequent restart didn't immediately fix the problem, but within a couple minutes the grayed out icons representing apps on the SD card became accessible again.

I'm back to business for the time being, but if this keeps up, I'll be rolling back to a non-Redstone build.

It happens a few times when rebooting or soft resetting during sd apps update in progress. It's like a usb key pulled away from pc without closing it... Usually the internal sd check works well but you cannot see the bar progress as in desktops, and it could take minutes with big cards. Obviolusly during scanning all sd app music photos etc are unaivable for safety reason

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
This build has removed the toggle for Edge as background task.(settings-->background apps; or battery saver-->Edge-->details)

This is severe because I had to disable Edge running in the background for the last several insider builds since it was using most of my battery and I am not running anything in Edge that would need to be a background task.

Please bring the toggle back! My battery life is terrible so far with this build.

950XL unlocked.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This build has removed the toggle for Edge as background task.(settings-->background apps; or battery saver-->Edge-->details)

This is severe because I had to disable Edge running in the background for the last several insider builds since it was using most of my battery and I am not running anything in Edge that would need to be a background task.

Please bring the toggle back! My battery life is terrible so far with this build.

950XL unlocked.

Did you opened Edge once first to check background list?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I must be the anomoly. I performed the upgrade on my 950 XL. Everything is working perfectly. No issues at all as of yet. Band 2 is still paired and getting notifications, wifi is fine, all bluetooth connections are fine, no hard reset. Just performed the upgrade as normal. The only think not working is the sync from my band2 to the msft health app. Not a big deal to me although I realize it is to others.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Back to the topic on hand, on this build, my phone had some hiccups for the first few hours while everything was being setup, which is normal for any major upgrade (though this one was worse, had the normal Windows 10 wallpaper on my lock screen show up, at first my normal lock screen didn't come back, but later on it did, then had some locking up requiring a soft reset, which didn't really help my apps from coming back any faster, that took about an hour or so).

Again, after a few hours, my 950 XL started to work like the champ it is, which yeah, that's longer than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Genio88

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Got this update yesterday and i was happy to see that it fixed the ringtone problem, now i'm able to change ringtone again!!!
Though today, like every day, i had my workout, listening to my songs playlist on Groove Music, and after about 20 minutes of songs played it stopped, and i had to reboot the phone to have Groove playing any song again, just like it was on previous build...When will they fix this issue??? do i have to perform a hard reset??? I'd really like to avoid that since the phone runs just fine besides that

moe124

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having major battery issues with this build? 950 dual sim on tmobile. Battery went from 100 to 30 in 4 hours.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having major battery issues with this build? 950 dual sim on tmobile. Battery went from 100 to 30 in 4 hours.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Most 950 owners said on 2nd day the phone run at maximum. Yours is still in sync / upd phase (check if it is warm on top)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Got this update yesterday and i was happy to see that it fixed the ringtone problem, now i'm able to change ringtone again!!!
Though today, like every day, i had my workout, listening to my songs playlist on Groove Music, and after about 20 minutes of songs played it stopped, and i had to reboot the phone to have Groove playing any song again, just like it was on previous build...When will they fix this issue??? do i have to perform a hard reset??? I'd really like to avoid that since the phone runs just fine besides that

Why not usin a 3rd party app? seems there's sopme valid on store. Forget Groove. It's like an iphone ,android, or a pc. If someone doesn't satisfy me, I install an app for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs