Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14283 released to Insiders in the Fast ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283

Mine is burning a full battery in two hours and is hot all the time after upgrading this new build.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

That's normal, it needs two days for sync and downloads all core and 3td party apps. Same as a desktop

Why 2 days? My lumia 1020 takes an hour or two to finish upgrade and then there's nothing after that. Or is this after a hard reset? Even if it was, it would take me a couple of hours to get back all apps and copy all content back. Unless the wifi is really slow like 100kbps.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

From the number of posts about MS band not syncing, does nearly everyone have a band? Someone send me one :winktongue:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Made the exact same decision for the exact same reasons with my 950 XL. Battery life was atrocious. 10%/hr on idle...crazy. The stable branch is working well though no problems with .164

Been running stable branch since yesterday and definitely much better. Phone doesn't get super warm while playing candy crush jelly. It's the only game that did it which I found weird cuz even asphalt 8 didn't.

Everything is speedy, snappy and no crashes.

Yay!

I'll move to redstone if they get split screen for multiple apps or transparency in action center. Or something cool they reveal.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Why 2 days? My lumia 1020 takes an hour or two to finish upgrade and then there's nothing after that. Or is this after a hard reset? Even if it was, it would take me a couple of hours to get back all apps and copy all content back. Unless the wifi is really slow like 100kbps.

That's sync and stabilizyn, nothing you can see on screen, but you can notice in data usage, cpu heating, battery instability. That's indipendent of wifi power, I'm pretty sure it works faster in 3G/4G due to higher upload bandrate available.
I notice it "on the field" on many Lumias, same as new laptops "out of the box".
On desktop that's called caching and prefetching, I'm pretty sure Win10 mobile too has a prefetch system area.
After two days, phone starts to work at his best

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Which solution the English UK keyboard? They don't have word flow? On Winbeta they talk about using it all the time...why wouldn't the UK Keyboard have word flow.

I am having no issues with wordflow at all and actually see no difference in formatting once I changed to $ and 12 hour clock.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, darn. Although this update brought Cortana back with announcing incoming texts, it also brought back the problem of only getting about ONE response done if the phone is locked. After you send a response Cortana cuts off acknowledgement ("I sent..."). When you unlock it she finishes her sentence. Because of this problem any subsequent incoming texts while locked will never get announced. Very sad.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
for me, this latest build has been unreliable. Loading...... on the start screen so often it actually got annoying.

Ive gone back to regular builds for now. will wait a while before trying redstone again. that said, restone - for me - was the best on battery life! and damn the phone was smooth and fast!! cant wait to see what will come with a more polished and stable product

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
2 full days on this build and its the best I have used yet on my L950 (at least in weekend mode, tomorrow will be a test). I have the older firmware not the recent one from a few weeks ago. My model wasn't listed.

I have had the best battery life on idle of less than 2%. previously the best I got was 3.5% on previous Redstone build. I do have an issue with Camera flashing and it also does it when playing videos. Annoying but not a deal breaker. I have had one random reboot whilst in my pocket but phone started up good after that. Previously when I had that I had to pull battery and try again as it booted unstable.

I only ever got up to .107 in the "production" branch. Have had issues with my phone the whole way through. Never tried a hard reset, too worried ill lose my SMS as that's appears to be still monumentally broken, no idea if new SMS coming in are being backed up. That said I understand why people complain about this all being a beta. The point is I know I paid AUD$1000 for my phone which in its best state I would say has finally come from an Alpha product to a Beta product with this release. I have never been able to recommend this phone to anyone due to massive issues with battery life and stability. I have had clients who have been interested and asked about it and I have had to advise them against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise