W10M 14283.1000 new bugs

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Two things just broke with this update:

Notification flags for exchange email and Outlook email do not pop up on lock screen

The login option is stuck on have to enter code every time, no options for 15 minute delay or otherwise. Warning comes up that says options are blocked by Windows hello

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I try and stay away from the "what's fixed" followed by "what bugs" threads for the newest update. I went back to 10586.167, was on 14279? But went the slow ring rouge this time.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Two things just broke with this update:

Notification flags for exchange email and Outlook email do not pop up on lock screen

The login option is stuck on have to enter code every time, no options for 15 minute delay or otherwise. Warning comes up that says options are blocked by Windows hello

Have you tried to just reboot after updating? I am not having these issues.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Only annoying bug that's been around, even this last update is in edge. Most of the times edge shutsdown when searching with more then one word in address bar.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine outlook crashed every time I try to open it since this build. No exception.

Yea, great product MSFT. Have outlook GPF instead of putting up a simple popup windows...a newer version exists please download from the store. Starting to get pissed with how crappy their development effort has become with the band2 and win 10 mobile. You think the email app on the iPhone just crashes and you have to go figure out to download a new version?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea, great product MSFT. Have outlook GPF instead of putting up a simple popup windows...a newer version exists please download from the store. Starting to get pissed with how crappy their development effort has become with the band2 and win 10 mobile. You think the email app on the iPhone just crashes and you have to go figure out to download a new version?

Well if you have auto-update it shouldn't be an issue. And I don't think Ios is in development build.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I think this has been the worst update to date... slacker is acting funny, my band 2 will not connect to my phone anymore and a couple of other problems I can't think of at the moment... seriously I think MS has hired a pack of monkeys to program and code for the mobile OS

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I hard reset my phone which fixed the MS Band 2 sync issue, problem is now I have the cannot download speech issue so I can't use Cortana.
I tried all the tricks that worked before with the uninstall of Insider, etc etc but nothing will fix it this time!!!

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think this has been the worst update to date... slacker is acting funny, my band 2 will not connect to my phone anymore and a couple of other problems I can't think of at the moment... seriously I think MS has hired a pack of monkeys to program and code for the mobile OS
Then you should not have installed. The notes clearly said band sync would not work.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
the notes were posted AFTER the release which people started reporting which was too late for me... why would MS release an update that would kill your band 2 connection on purpose?!!

anon(9854620)

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
There are several issues that I've encountered with this build, some more taxing than others.

Here are a few...

Non-impacting issue(s)
  • 'Here's the legal stuff' displays incorrect information.

"Windows Phone 8.1 Terms of Use", yet this is a 950xl that came with WM10... Oversight?

wp_ss_20160312_0001.jpg

Issues that impact usability
  • Lock screen no longer displays information from the Outlook application.

I've got Gmail, Exchange, Messaging, FB, and phone setup as the apps to show on the lock screen. Gmail and Exchange never show that there are new items, despite having several new unread messages in both accounts.​
  • Background settings for lock screen does not work with 'Bing'.

When I go into lock screen settings it will always initially show that another app is being used for the background and for the detailed status app, but will change within a couple of seconds to 'Bing' and Outlook Calendar. Even after it has changed to what is supposed to be displayed, it still does not ever show the Bing images on the lock screen, instead it always shows the blue Windows 10 screen.

Here are a couple screen shots of it in action.

wp_ss_20160313_0004.jpg wp_ss_20160313_0005.jpg

• Outlook keeps crashing!

After adding my work account to the phone, Outlook refused to do anything for more than a few seconds before crashing. I tried restarting the phone, closing all apps, even waited patiently thinking that it may just be downloading my email and calendar. Nope! Still crashed every time within seconds of being launched.

Outlook was working fine prior to adding the work account so I removed it, restarted the phone and then re-added the work account. This time Outlook did not crash, however it claimed that I had two work accounts setup now and was showing duplicates of everything. I restarted one more time and now it correctly shows a single work account and does not crash.​

• Visual voicemail not displaying accurate info.

Visual VM incorrectly displays a number '1' indicating that I have a voicemail, when there is clearly nothing there.

wp_ss_20160313_0001.jpg

I understand that this is a 'Fast Ring' build and is not ready for GA. However even the GA build is riddled with issues of its own that cause the experience to be less than favorable. I REALLY hope that Microsoft gets it together and releases a solid stable build someday that just works and does not require hours of tinkering just to make it halfway usable.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I understand that this is a 'Fast Ring' build and is not ready for GA. However even the GA build is riddled with issues of its own that cause the experience to be less than favorable. I REALLY hope that Microsoft gets it together and releases a solid stable build someday that just works and does not require hours of tinkering just to make it halfway usable.

About recent Outlook app update bug , there's some 3ad opened. It doesn't regard build o.s.
The thing about lock screen, I noticed now, never noticed before, it seems not a bug but a graphic glitch.
About voicemail, there was a battle here....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte