iOS ported apps causing problems in windows 10 mobile build 10586.164(L720)

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

-->there are some problems that i'm experiencing since last two builds. 10586.122, then 10586.164, and i think its because of the iOS ported apps like "instagram(BETA)"

--> since the time i have installed the app instagram...which is recently made available to windows 10 mobile..and ported through OSmeta ...i
have experiencing more than acceptable performance degradation on my lumia 720.
which is worse than before. bcz w10 is too slow on my device..but used to get things done..
but after installing the app ...again old problems are coming back..

--> LOADING and RESUMING screen after switching to start screen.
--> VERY LOW RESPONSE FROM BACK BUTTON.

and this reminds me of the time way back, when android apps integration in the builds slowed down the performance in the initial builds of
W10M but after removing them the performance improved significantly.

--> SO, IM HAVING CONCERN ON THIS PORTING SYSTEM..AS I FEAR THAT THE PERFORMANCE LEVEL WILL GO DOWN AGAIN AS I'M EXPERIENCING THESE ISSUES...
ALTHOUGH i know my device is not having par level specs but still these bugs were squashed long ago...
and they are back again.

DO SHARE IF ANYONE ELSE IS ALSO HAVING SAME PROBLEMS.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
-->there are some problems that i'm experiencing since last two builds. 10586.122, then 10586.164, and i think its because of the iOS ported apps like "instagram(BETA)".
If you are a developer and telling it based on your apps ported and tested over, I can think off. If its just based on speculations based on one single app you know its ported...still a theory which needs some more such examples. Which other apps /games you know which are 'ported apps' when you point out issues to it?

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by ssapre
Originally Posted by Akhil_007

-->there are some problems that i'm experiencing since last two builds. 10586.122, then 10586.164, and i think its because of the iOS ported apps like "instagram(BETA)".
If you are a developer and telling it based on your apps ported and tested over, I can think off. If its just based on speculations based on one single app you know its ported...still a theory which needs some more such examples. Which other apps /games you know which are 'ported apps' when you point out issues to it?
Bcz after uninstalling the app. The performance is back with no loading or resuming screen.
That's why I'm asking if anyone is having this issue.
I may be wrong but it is happening with me

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Ported apps are not really ready for Win 10, they are more experimental.
So I would be blaming the app, not Microsoft or the build, after all the build is not ready for public release yet.
It's great to play with an OS before release, I know less people that have problems in here than I know people with Apple phones with an official release.
Gawd those guys at Apple must waste heaps of money in those stores on manual labor when it screws up people phones on an OFFICIAL release.
No wonder they are so expensive, they need so much "man time" to educate even basic users.
At least Microsoft have the excuse on many phones that it's not OFFICIAL.
On official released phones there are very few issues.
Issues seem to arise when experimenting ........ (too much information is a dangerous thing)

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

-->there are some problems that i'm experiencing since last two builds. 10586.122, then 10586.164, and i think its because of the iOS ported apps like "instagram(BETA)"

--> since the time i have installed the app instagram...which is recently made available to windows 10 mobile..and ported through OSmeta ...i
have experiencing more than acceptable performance degradation on my lumia 720.
which is worse than before. bcz w10 is too slow on my device..but used to get things done..
but after installing the app ...again old problems are coming back..

--> LOADING and RESUMING screen after switching to start screen.
--> VERY LOW RESPONSE FROM BACK BUTTON.

and this reminds me of the time way back, when android apps integration in the builds slowed down the performance in the initial builds of
W10M but after removing them the performance improved significantly.

--> SO, IM HAVING CONCERN ON THIS PORTING SYSTEM..AS I FEAR THAT THE PERFORMANCE LEVEL WILL GO DOWN AGAIN AS I'M EXPERIENCING THESE ISSUES...
ALTHOUGH i know my device is not having par level specs but still these bugs were squashed long ago...
and they are back again.

DO SHARE IF ANYONE ELSE IS ALSO HAVING SAME PROBLEMS.

I can only think that because it's not native, its memory management is poor, so when it is in the background sometimes it may use more resources than normal, therefor you get input lag on the back button of the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans