Build 14291.1001 bugs

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
So I installed 14291 to my L930 and had some licesing apps issues. GymAce app did not recognize my licence and went into trial mode. So decided to soft reset, did not help, then deleted the app and tried to reinstall it again and its stucked in store doing "working on it..." for ages now. Seems like it wont install. Store recognized my license and said "you own this app"...

Any ideas how to fix this, need it for my daily gym time!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Only one bug here: When I download apps after a certain point, they all are 'Restoring User Data' forever. And since it's in limbo, I can't uninstall it manually, nor restart the download. Not sure what to do about this

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded my 640 from 10586.164 to 14291.1001.

So far, everything is normal for me. Nothing has seemed to change from .164

The annoying issue where you swipe across to all apps and the app icons dont load is still there ( i thought that was fixed in this build?)
App icons on the start screen still have a delay when loading sometimes. (especially when expanding folders)

Other than that everything is as it was on .164

Keep in mind people that Microsoft needs feedback. That is the point of the insider preview. Do not install the build on your daily driver and roll back. Install it on a phone where you can leave 14291 and provide feedback to microsoft about the issues. This is how they will fix it along with sending device data to Microsoft in "Feedback & Diagnostics"

Thomasso

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Phone auto-updated to .1001 on my Lumia 640 dualsim LTE during the night. Woke up to a phone with broken edge browser and settings app.
Soft reset didn't help and WDRT wouldn't connect with the phone. Thank god you can hard-reset with hardware buttons alone.
Def. not one of the more stable releases

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my 950 XL on 14291. No matter what sound I set my Alarms to use in the Alarms app, they always play the original default sound when they go off. I have the default sound set to the same as the alarms, but I still get the original default alarm.

Anybody think this is due to the upgrade, or is my phone possessed?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my 950 XL on 14291. No matter what sound I set my Alarms to use in the Alarms app, they always play the original default sound when they go off. I have the default sound set to the same as the alarms, but I still get the original default alarm.

Anybody think this is due to the upgrade, or is my phone possessed?

"Default" and "Original" means the same thing. Set a sound different than "Default" in each alarm

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Detected Error in SD Card and wanted to scan it (I did not format card during reset). Rebooted phone during scan.

Did 1429 do anything to the file system on SD cards? Was it supposed to?

edit - trying again with a newly formatted sdcard.

edit 2- after many more reboots, back to 10586.

Carl, It has been determined that the System Apps need to be located on the "This Device"

(SETTINGS>SYSTEM>STORAGE>SAVE LOCATION>New apps will save to: "This Device")

And NOT saved to "SD Card" (everything else seems to be OK when saved to the SD Card, but apps seem to cause a prepetual problem). I talked to MS about a month ago and they recommended the System apps, and the very large apps be located on "This Device", but I just put all apps their (moved from SD Card), for I was having the same problem (need to scan to fix errors - this messege came up every time I did a soft reset). eventually my 950XL would not even recognize the SD Card (that's when I called MS). SD CARD has worked well, for the most part, since then... I did however have to do a couple of scans, and soft restarts after this last Update (to fix errors), but, now it has worked itself out and the SD Card is workin well.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My issues (the one I have found, so far):

- I have not been using Hello, nor a PIN, to unlock the 950XL - now I have to, for the "Never" option in now inaccessible.

- Inconsistent email notifications on the Glance/Lock screen - some times they show up, MOST of the time they DO NOT.

- Was getting HOT, and had a FAST BATTERY drain for a couple of days, but they are fine now.

- I answered two incoming phone calls yesterday where I could not hear the caller, once on a headset, once without. (yes, I had the volume on;)

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
After doing the upgrade it killed by connection with my Band 2. Unable to get it to sync now. It see the band name on the phone but when the App is opened it gives an error - unable to find your Band please make sure its nearby and paired - which it is?

This is on a 640 xl so I opened it up and removed the battery to try and reset with no effect.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
After doing the upgrade it killed by connection with my Band 2. Unable to get it to sync now. It see the band name on the phone but when the App is opened it gives an error - unable to find your Band please make sure its nearby and paired - which it is?

This is on a 640 xl so I opened it up and removed the battery to try and reset with no effect.

Right now i am currently WDRT, and then update to .164....

No more builds for me... too much bugs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss